Forty-eight

It takes only six hours after their departure, when SWAT-team barges in their house, waking them up, since it's five-thirty in the morning.

All of them are handcuffed, escorted outside and forced on their knees, heads down, while two males with their guns stand in guard, others searching the house.

"Where is Jeon!?" One of the officers shout at Namjoon, who only looks at him, smiling.

"He's not here" one officer comes out from the house. "And there is no indications that he ever has been here." Same male continues.

Officer who was holding a gun on Namjoon's face, lifts his gaze a little, looking over the males kneeling in neat line in the front lawn.

"What about Jeon's boy toy?"

Namjoon growls at him, and Hoseok shoots at the male holding a gun, a nasty glare.

"Nothing sir, it's like there never was"
"Fuck!" Male groans frustrated, withdrawing his gun and placing it back in its holster.

"Was there anything we could use?" Same male asks, stepping away from the kneeling males.
"Nothing sir, everything is clean"

Male in charge steps back in Namjoon's line of sight, and he kneels down, facing him in the same level.

"You should tell him, that he can run, he can hide, but as long as I'm alive, he will be caught and put in jail."

Namjoon stares him back, his gaze not wavering slightest, same, annoyingly smug smirk on his lips, irritating the officer even more.

It's the law enforcer who breaks the eye contact first, standing back up.

"Release them. Let's head back."

——————

"Okay, that's good" Jungkook says in the phone, driving. They have changed the car four times already, and they have been driving in turns through the night.

Now it's been Jungkook's turn, and driver checks the blond, sleeping in the passenger seat.

"Yeah, he is sleeping now. Will do. Stay safe."

Blond stretches a little, opening his eyes slowly and turning towards the other.

"Morning doll" Jungkook rasps, feeling how small, soft hand clasps around in his calloused hand resting in the gearshift.

"Was everything ok?" Taehyung whispers, almost afraid of the answer. Jungkook nods, focusing his gaze back at the road.

"Yeah, it was Joon, everything is ok." Taehyung nods, leaning back at his seat, but not pulling his hand from the others hold.

"That's good."

Silence falls between them, and blond turns to look out of the side window.

"Are we stopping soon?" He asks, looking at the changing scenery.

"No, we will stop only when we reach the airport" is answer he gets, and he only nods, it asking anything more.

It takes them two more hours, until they reach a small, private airport. In there is a small plain, where they boarded.

Jackson stands inside with his closest men, Yugyeom, next to him.

"Kook" he sighs relieved, and they hug. "Thank you for everything you have done to us" Jungkook says, pulling Taehyung closer.

Blond male, dressed in navy suit, only nods. "Of course, anything you need"

Jungkook nods, and greets male standing next to Jackson, who hugs him too. "He will be the one flying this plane, so he will be only one to know where you guys are." Jackson says, pointing at male next to him.

"You will move somewhere, and we can't know where you are." Jungkook nods again. "It's safest for all of us."

Jackson nods, patting younger on his shoulder. "Yeah, well, see you?"

There is slight sliver of hope in his voice, and only thing Jungkook can is smile and nod.

They all know, that it might never happen, they could be killed, or caught or never able to come back. But, it's something they all want to hold on.

Hope that they will someday meet again.

And when the plane takes off, there is a lonely male standing behind, next to a abandoned car, and a heavy heart.