Twenty-two

A.n. Sorry about the wait, life has kept me busy.

This one is shorter, hopefully you enjoy it.

I hope everyone are safe and healthy, and if you need someone to talk, I'm always listening💜

————

Taehyung and Jimin had fallen a sleep after crying. They were sleeping in the backseat of Jungkook's SUV, when they were driving back at home.

"Are you okay?" Yoongi asks, turning to look at the driving Jungkook. Raven haired hums, not turning his gaze away from the road.
"I'm now" he answers for his hyung. Yoongi keeps looking at him, still concerned, but decided to drop the conversation.

Yoongi turns slightly towards the backseat, looking over the two sleeping boys fondly. "They are sleeping so soundly" he murmurs and Jungkook hums again.

"When are you going to tell him?"

Question weighted heavily on younger's shoulders. To be honest, he was kind of dreaming that he would not need to tell the sleeping beauty anything about his occupation, or the things he have to do.

"I won't. Don't want to pull him in this fucking lifestyle, more than he already had. I just need to keep him safe, and that means that he can't be near me." Jungkook growls lowly, and makes Yoongi sigh.

Older looks over his shoulder, only to meet the saddest pair of chocolate brown eyes. He tries to let all the sympathy flow through his own eyes towards the boy.

Taehyung was awake, and he heard everything.

—————

Small blond was so light, snuggled in his arms, when he walks up the stairs. Jimin follows behind the pair, silently crying. He knew this was the end of everything, and he's left to be deal with broken hearted blond, as soon as he wakes up.

"Don't cry Mini, I will stay in touch with you" Namjoon whispers, pulling the smaller male in his arms. It only made him cry more.

Jungkook ignored the two in their loving embrace, and walked in the boys apartment. He walked upstairs to Taehyung's room, and laid the blond down.

Softly he caressed his cheek, tucking some of his hairs behind his ear.

"I'm sorry about this" he whispers, still looking at the other.

Taehyung is woke, but he choose to keep his eyes closed. Tears burned behind his closed lids, and he was contemplating for opening his eyes and seeing the handsome man leaning over him, but he didn't.

He could hear how the other sighs, and his bed dips, when the others weight sifted off the side, where he had been sitting seconds prior.

"I want you to know that if everything were different, I would have hold onto you, but for your own safety this has to end."

He can hear how footsteps are moving away from him, and then the door closes. Taehyung turns over to his stomach, burying his head on the soft pillow and letting his cries flow, sounds muffled by the softness of the cushions.

Jungkook stands behind the door, fully aware that the other is crying, and that he's been awake the whole time. Just like he wanted.

He hangs his head low, his own eyes burning with unshed tears, listening the muffled cries of the blond.

It takes him a minute, to finally collect himself and stepping away from the door, heading downstairs to meet his awaiting men's.

"Let's go" he grumbles, and Hoseok as well Yoongi followed him without questions. Namjoon hangs little behind, saying his own good byes to the small male crying on his lap.

It breaks Jungkook's heart, to see how his friend is feeling down, to leaving behind the boy he had grown to like, but he needs to keep his mask is, so he only groans loudly.

"Come on Joon, lets go"

Grumpily the taller one lets go of the beauty in his arms, kissing him softly right before pulling away.

"Stay safe and keep in touch." He whispers to the other, making Jimin nod, furiously.

Then the four males exits the small apartment and Jungkook closes the door behind them.

He closes his eyes for a second, and misses the concerned looks from his friends faces.

But they know better, and they won't ask.

After all, everything he does is to keep everyone around him safe.

And if that meant to keeping the distance, they would do it, even rebellious Namjoon, without questions asked.

Jungkook steps out of the building, heading towards his car.

"Let's head home, we have a traitor to deal with"