Thirty-one

"Can I get cleaning in the isle six? There is some expired tomato juice spilled on the floor." Hoseok talks in his phone lying on the table. He has a speaker on, so Jimin and Jin can hear frustrated groan from the other side, and then a woman's voice answer to him.

"It was funny in the first couple of times, but now it's too used." Hoseok hums, and his face gets serious.
"I'll text you the address"

Jin and Jimin are already standing up, heading towards the door, when Jin turns around to look over his boyfriend. "You coming or do you stay here?"

Hoseok looks around the room and shakes his head. "I'll stay, but call me when there is news" Jin nods, steps over to him and kisses him sweetly. "I will."

"Stay safe!" Hoseok shouts after the pair, when the door closes behind them.

———————

When Taehyung wakes up, he's staring up at the white ceiling. He can hear the peeping from the machines he's hooked on, and can smell the familiar scent from the disinfectant.

"I'm at the hospital?"

It takes a seconds to him to recall, what had happened but as soon as he remembers, he shoots up from the bed, pulls of the needle in his hand, and jumps of the bed.

He is not quite himself yet, and can't seem to see how his hand was bleeding. He storms out from the room, looking around furiously. He can spot familiar faces in the waiting room, and storms over.

"Where is Kook?" He whispers, seeing their sad and wet faces, which makes him almost cry. All the scenarios running through his head.

Yoongi, his eyes puffy and red, wiped his eyes with the back of his hand, before he stands up and hugs the blond.

"Kook is in the surgery right now." Taehyung's posture is still stiff, he's just waiting to the older say something more.

"They said that it's not looking good, but they are doing their best." Yoongi whispers, his voice breaking in the middle of his sentence.

Taehyung chokes on the sob, wrapping his hands tightly around the older, holding him tightly. Yoongi only pats his back, him not being used to comforting anyone, but wanting to be there for the blond.

Finally Taehyung's sobbing turns in to small sniffing, soon ending. He lifts his head up from the small males shoulder, and wipes his face.

Yoongi looks at him, concerned, but doesn't say anything only shoots a troubled look towards Namjoon, who only shakes his head, leaning his elbows in his knees.

All they could do now, was wait.

———————

Jin and Jimin arrived almost an hour later, and Jimin shoots right to hug his soulmate. "Oh Tae" he whispers, and Taehyung tears up again.

"Chim.." he choked, holding Jimin's shirt tightly in his fists. "What if he doesn't make it?"

Jimin rocks the other in his lap, soothingly running his hand in his back. "Don't worry, he's tough." He whispers back at his crying friend.

One of Jimin's and Taehyung's colleagues stepped out of the operation room, and headed over to the two nurses.

"You guys were with Jeon Jungkook?"

Taehyung snaps his head up, staring at the face of the other, and everyone else gathers around the small female in scrubs, thirsting to hear every single word out of her mouth.

Jimin nods answering the question, and tightens his hold over Taehyung, when he sees the expression on the others face.

It's the same on he's been using, full of sympathy, and sadness, and both the boys know what does it mean. Taehyung starts shaking, looking up at the woman. "Please.. please don't.." he prays, and there is small, sad smile.

"He's not dead, but there were some complications, and we needed to but him in drug induced coma, to let his body heal."

There is loud gasp around her, when Jungkook's friends hear the news. Jimin nods, almost thanking the other, when Taehyung speaks up.

"What complications?" Women looks troubled, not quite willing to answer, but she knows Taehyung will find the truth somewhere. So she clears her throat, and answers to the blond.

"He flatlined during the surgery, and had to be resuscitated. There might be some damage from it."

"In the language of us normal humans, what does she mean?" It's Jin, who voices out their thoughts.

Taehyung turns to look at them, his eyes hard and his face cold, when he answers.

"Jungkook died, and they started his heart again."