Hidden route; 8. Missing piece

'I'm so tired'

A certain girl thought in her dreams. Although she is sleeping, her mental health was reaching it's limit from the horrifying, unexpected turn of events.

Usato's expression looked exactly like Yukino Riku from the first route. His usual cold eyes were filled with strong emotions towards her.

Asuka was awake and felt herself laying on a soft bed and there was cold feelings on her wrists and ankles. This scene was also similar to what happened in the first route. Fearing going through same painful process from that day she didn't even dare to open her eyes.

"No need to pretend. I know you're awake"

Unfortunately the person sitting next to her already knew she was awake just from the way she was breathing.

Asuka gulped nervously, her breath shaking. Actually her whole body was shaking in fear but she could only try to act brave against the thing that's staring at her without blinking.

"Why did you bring me here?"

"...."

The room was filled with silence. Usato didn't say anything and simply moved towards her bed and sat next to her, getting closer and closer.

Asuka tried to back off but as if he has read her mind, Usato grabbed both of the chains that was connected to her wrist and pulled her towards him.

Just when she thought he was going to hit her or worse, his hand landed on her head, slowly patting her as if he was patting a pet dog or a child. Either way it was uncomfortable and inappropriate thing to do right after kidnapping someone.

"Finally, I can ensure your safety. Now if only you wake up from the brainwashing and smile like you used to.. it'll be perfect"

She couldn't understand what kind of nonsense he was muttering. Come to think about it he was also talking safety this, brainwash that blah blah yesterday.. Asuka didn't pay attention and couldn't remember well because of the smoke bomb but he was certainly and repeatedly talking about her safety.

'Ha, you protect someone by kidnapping them then chaining them to a bed? Crazy bastard'

"I'm not brainwashed. I was just worried about the kids' safety. I needed help to face against Sakura since she was threatening to kill the children"

Usato stared at her in silence.

Then hugged her tightly in his chest, breathing unevenly as if he's infected by some kind of disease.

Asuka somewhat expected him to be like this after the mention of that hateful name. It may sound cruel but she wanted Usato to eliminate Sakura from the game then if possible Katsuragi too. At this rate as long as they can't harm her, she doesn't mind losing points anymore. It also includes Usato as well.

Losing points was better than experiencing more and more pain. At least she can restart the game without having a trauma.

"Then we should just eliminate them. That way you won't be in danger. Right.. the danger has to be eliminated..."

"Wait, why them?"

Hearing him, she unconsciously blurted out her thoughts. She only mentioned Sakura so that he'll be angry at her and with his over protective instincts, he'll rush over to kill the largest threat of this route... The only other party she mentioned is...

'No way..'

"Usato, wait listen to me! The children have nothing to do with this. Actually I don't care about them. The only potential threat is Sakura.."

Realizing he was also including the children from the orphanage in her murder list, she nervously tried to explain but was cut off by Usato's low tone.

"Then it's okay to kill them since you don't care about those things right?"

She freezes.

All of her efforts to save the brats will be in vain.. He's seriously going to kill them.

"I'll kill myself if the kids are harmed in anyway. So you better not do anything to them or me"

The only solution she had was to take herself as a hostage which was the worst idea in her opinion. Even she was surprised at herself for saying such things. Heck, she's not even brave enough to bite her tongue like in those ancient movies and die for sake of someone else or just to avoid torture.

"I see. So it wasn't Katsuragi who brainwashed you.. Well, it's understandable since Yoshino is very kind. As expected the world doesn't deserve her kindness. They're all just trying to use it against her.. Whether it's Katsuragi, Sakura or even that guy.."

He was talking as if he was alone and the person in topic isn't sitting in his embrace, being suffocated by his tight grip.

'Wow he's beating his record in saying long sentences every time he spoke. The outer appearance maybe the same but he's definitely not the Usato I know. This crazy bastard.. who told him I was brainwashed in the first place?'

However Asuka also noticed one change; the system has been oddly quiet despite him acting like this. By now it's supposed to be continuesly distracting her with it's annoying noise and messages about Usato's points rising since he's in a yandere mode.

'Can even such magical thing can be bugged? It's so weird'

"Usato, I'm not well so I'd like to rest for a bit. I think it's an after effect of that smoke bomb"

She wanted to try saying system aloud because it wasn't appearing when she tried to summon it telepathically. Thus he needed to leave and the only way to make this guy leave was to guilt trip him.

If he's feeling guilty, that's it.

"You're right. I'm sorry for treating you in such a way. But please understand that I've to protect you at all cost, even from yourself" he said as he pointed towards the chains. It basically means he won't be releasing her anytime soon because she might go out and hurt herself accidentally.

'At least he's actually caring about my well being. Not in a good way though'

However it was too early to relax as he was yet to finish his words.

"..So from now on I'll be observing you 24/7. Now shall we go to sleep together, love?"

The cheesy remarks were really making him sound like a totally different person.

Asuka sighed as her plan to kick him out failed. She tiredly fell on the soft bed, still feeling uncomfortable by the chains. Usato casually laid down next to her with his clothes and cuddled her like a human pillow or some kind of teddy bear.

He was happy.

He finally got her in his arms although he had to receive that hateful guy's help.

Now he can touch her whenever he wants to.

He'll be able to ensure her safety.

But there was still something missing in his heart. He couldn't exactly tell what it was but it was an unpleasant feeling.

.
.
.
.
.
.

.

.
.
.
.
.
.

'Why did I even decide to lock her up in the first place?'