Final route 8; The late conversation

A/n: Hi:) It's me, the Ms. monthly updater lol. We're only around four chapters left to finish the story. I'm happy and sad at the same time.

I know there're many, like too many plot holes. I'm not that good writer so just ignore them.

Hope you enjoy the reading<3
_______

"L, I was wondering if I can keep the key? And there's also a condition that the hidden character must be connected to me with some stuff called 'connector'. Do you know what that means?"

Ariana cringed at herself for asking in such sweet tone she never used before. It made her feel like two faced woman who's simply trying to use someone. However she needed to do this in order to erase her doubt.

"Don't worry, the key is safe with me. And I already connected us together. Now the only thing we need is the girl. Let's go"

Only after taking few steps, did L realize that Ariana was still at the same spot from earlier.

"What's wrong?"

"It's weird.. the system and..." L briefly heard Ariana mumble something.

"....What?" He asked.

"Never mind. Let's go find the real Asuka quickly. It's better to go on separate ways so we can find her faster. Call me if you find her first"

"Wait Ariana, we should go—..."

L tried to say something she was already out of his sight. The black haired girl already headed towards the same direction Asuka ran off in pace of a professional athlete.

Because Ariana felt the need to find Asuka before L does.

It was just an intuition. Nonetheless Ariana couldn't help but try to keep her distance from L.

'Think, if I was a ten-whatever-years old kid with depressions and play crazy games like this one, where would I go?'

There wasn't a single place that came to her mind.

Then a wonderful idea struck.

"Hello? Good afternoon Sora.... Can you help me with something real quick?"

She easily requested for Sora to hack the cameras around here and find 'L's girlfriend'. Of course there was a price.

"Thanks, Sora. You were a great help. I'll definitely repay you with something later"

"I'm glad I was able to be of help to nee-san"

[Ikeda Sora: 5]

Ariana worriedly glanced over to the number and shrugged it off. She'll soon leave this place anyway so there's no need to fear these psychos.

The real problem was the place the girl ran into.

"A haunted house? It's definitely the last place she was seen around"

She felt like the kid was truly special once more. Aren't kids usually scared of such places? It seems like Asuka is an exception.

The ugly looking house surrounded by creepy stuff was surprisingly closed down today despite having a lot of people around. There weren't anyone guarding the house either so Ariana decided to quickly sneak in.

"Asuka? Are you here?"

The house was so dark and there was unfortunately no light. Ariana had to use her phone's flashlight as she wandered around like protagonist of a horror movie.