Second route: 12. End of the route

"Nee....san?"

Sora stared at me with those unfocused eyes, his crazy expression replaced by pure shock. It's obvious that he wasn't expecting me to show up here. The guards quickly pointed their guns at me which caused me to stood still on my spot like a statue.

"What do you think you're doing Sora? Are you planning to become a murderer?"

My words came out as a bit cold. I saw glimpse of hope in eyes of the people behind him, specially Sakura.

I was oddly calm and somewhat confident in persuading him. The fear within me subsided a bit and I took another few steps regardless of the guards that are ready to shoot me.

"Why are you here? You were supposed to..."

"Aren't you going to explain what's going on first?"

"I...I was just trying to protect you..." he mumbled, guilt all over his face. But deep down I know he's guilty because he let me see him in that situation not because he hurt someone.

That cheerful kid who always eat ice cream like a pig... always sticking around me like a glue... I admit I was annoyed by him and wanted to get rid of him but... he was also someone who always manage to make me laugh. To think this game would make a kid like him become a psycho...

"Even from Sakura?" I continued to question him coldly. Maybe I'm just searching for an excuse to protect this child and make myself feel less guilty for failing to notice this side of him. Nevertheless I couldn't find myself blaming him.

Everything is this system's fault. For making me come here, for playing with my feelings and for creating all of these two faced characters..

"S-she was trying to deceive you! I just w-wanted to protect you"

[Ikeda Sora: 9]

"Do you think I'm someone who needs protection from someone like you?"

"E-eh?"

"I'm disappointed in you, Sora. All the time we spent together you think of me as someone who can't even protect myself from some mere bullies. Do you think I'm not suited to be your older sister?"

"Of course not! Onee-san... I'll explain everything to you so please don't abandon me"

His eyes become tearful. No one would think this crybaby and the heartless sadist who was mercilessly torturing others few moments ago are same person. Actually even I'm starting to doubt whether he's faking it or not.

"What you're doing is illegal. I won't ask how you get involved with this kind of people. But I want you to reflect on your behavior and fix everything before it's too late"

If I don't do it, that guy on the floor will die. And the bad ending is knocking on my door. There's a possibility that I might join this guys for the next four days if I reach the bad ending. This time I might lose something even more precious than my eyes.

My sanity.

I don't think I'm mentally strong enough to see others getting tortured by Sora.

I can't lose here so I'm begging you Sora.

"Please just listen to me and stop.."

I didn't realize I was crying until I feel something running down my cheeks.

When was the last time I cried so emotionally like this? Was it on my mother's funeral eight years ago? I hated showing my weakness in front of others. Furthermore there wasn't anyone trustworthy enough to talk about my problems and cry together all night.

I endured and endured only to die an useless death and reincarnate in a place like this.

"I'm tired. So..let's just go home and spend time together. Eat ice cream or whatever you want, I'll do. I don't wanna see you losing your mind because of me"

Hah! Who am I kidding? I'm the one losing my mind here.

I'm close to reach my limit. I feel dizzy from smelling so much blood and my knees are shaking. Despite of those problems, I tried to remain calm and didn't shed tears further.

He walked towards me slowly, throwing his bloody knife away. His clothes was drenched in blood that doesn't belong to him but I didn't have time or option to get disgusted from that.

My knees eventually weakened and I ended up putting all of my weight on him instead of giving him a sisterly warm hug.

As expected this scene is too much for a normal human like me. Compared to the stuff room incident it feels so real and horrible.

And I was in the hands of very monster who caused all of this.

"I'm sorry nee-san. It's all my fault"

He sounds so mature all of a sudden and his voice sounded full of regrets.

"Don't hurt anyone. I won't forgive you if someone get hurt because of me"

I couldn't stand the smell anymore and passed out after saying that.

All this time I acted strong but in reality I'm just too weak.

But what can I do to get used to situations like this? The smell of blood and screams of that man made this place felt like a hell.

[Ikeda Sora: 8]

[Ikeda Sora: 7]

[Ikeda Sora: 6]

.............

[Ikeda Sora: 0]

[Congratulation. You've made the capture target realize his wrongdoing]

[His desire to hurt someone stopped]

[You've cleared route of Ikeda Sora]

[You've reached the good ending]

[After that incident capture target will release everyone immediately and live a happy normal life with you]

[Prize 200 points for reaching the good ending have been added to your account]

[Hidden quest: Reaching the good ending without any casualties, acquired]

[Prize 50 points have been added to your account]

[The third route will begin now]

[Data of the second route saved]

[You've gained 550 points from this route]

[Repairing the damage on the body completed.]

[Will you start the new route?]

I was in a familiar dark room, more like a big black box, staring at the green letters appearing continually.

This time I won by pure luck. Sora's character was made to care for my wellbeing more than anything so fainting in his hands probably helped me more than I thought.

If Sora was someone selfish like Riku, I would've been done for.

I decided to take a break and relax for a few moments. Winning or losing will depend on the character of the capture targets. My role is to stop them from going crazy and hurting people including myself.

I didn't even have time to congratulate myself for getting 550 points in one route.

Before pressing the third route button I prayed for myself once again. I need to be smart and brave enough to face another psycho.

Soon I was welcomed by a white light that feels brighter than the sun itself.

Surprisingly my right leg was in so much pain which was really unbearable. Then I finally realized my situation and sighed in defeat.

It's just the beginning of the route and I'm already in a hospital.