Final route; 2. Planning

A/n: warning, not edited.

Asuka woke up after having a nightmare the whole night.

She saw John's figure bleeding in front of her and L slicing Sakura's throat. Afterwards the silver haired guy looked at her with eyes that was full of happiness. The same eyes as every other capture targets she has met.

Asuka wanted to turn around and run away but behind her was the Dark angel.

Strangely he was grinning with mouth full of red liquid.

She felt like a prey trapped between the predators, unable to do anything until they claim their possession on her.

"Haaaaa... haaaa.."

Asuka woke up, breaking out in cold sweat as if she has run a marathon. Her attention was then shifted to the strange boy who was sleeping on the floor.

'Is he really safe?'

She didn't trust him fully but also had her doubts.

He might be obsessed with her a bit but then again, he knows about the system and all the other stuff, even more than her. His knowledge will be useful in helping her escape. Since he's so smart, he must've been aware that his love for her is just manipulation by the system.

'No, I don't even know if he even has feelings for me yet. But if he didn't feel anything for me then why'd he help me despite knowing I'm not Asuka? Is he trying to bring the real one back by sending me away?'

That theory would be also false because L also must've known that the real one is just another fictional character that can be occupied by anyone playing the game.

"System. Show me the hidden character's information"

[Name: L Age: 19
Character: /————/
Type: Blunt, Cunning, Mysterious
Hobby: /————/
Favorite color: Black
Date of birth: 12th of June]

[Your interaction with the character is too low for further information]

"Hah? Interaction!?"

She unconsciously blurted out a little too loud but fortunately the boy was still sleeping.

There was never a case like this before where she can't get access to character's information like this. And she's literally living with him too so there's no way there'd be no interaction.

'As expected he's not that trustable'

He probably messed with the system like he did before.

'There's no way L is his real name too'

He's obviously trying to keep his identity hidden from her. The normal capture targets were all rich kids capable of almost everything. Therefore the hidden character has to be something much more than that.

She felt exhausted just from thinking about the secrets he's hiding. In the end she simply decided to stay still and observe him for now.

****
"You can even get such detailed information?"

She can't help but gasp in admiration at the sight of the giant map.

"Yes. I can do many other things with the system"

The green screen turned into 2D structure of a huge building. Though it was all green and black combination, the details were really clear.

"As expected. You're a genius"

'..And also suspicious'

Considering his feelings, Asuka didn't say the last part. The silver haired boy looked very happy at her compliments.

"Ahem.." clearing his throat, he started to explain with serious look. "..so to kill the dark angel, we've to reach the basement of this building and steal something. You know this world is built from someone's imagination right?"

"Yes"

"I think the human is in delusion of thinking it's a real world and is actually locked inside this building's basement by the dark angel. We've to find her first and bring her here, away from the dark angel's watch. Then we'll make her realize it's not reality and if she accepts, most part of the world will collapse which will greatly decrease the dark angel's power. Afterwards we'll fight him head on and destroy him along with the system"

Asuka was taken aback by the last part.
"Is it possible to win against him? In the first place are you sure he won't find us here?"

At that, L simply smiled.
"I've my ways"

He can't possibly explain about the power he possesses to a person who's not yet to trust him. Then he'll have to explain how he got the power and that might be the end of their relationship.

All he wants is to help her kill the dark angel. To do that he needs her help.

"Do you have any questions?" L asked, trying to ease the tense atmosphere between them. Asuka was staring at the map way too seriously as if she was doubting about him or something else.

"How are we going to enter through this many doors secretly? I mean, it's over if we're caught right?"

That day, Asuka has witnessed what that foreign creature was capable of. That thing doesn't die even when shot by a freaking gun, can teleport and is probably capable of even more dangerous things she won't dare to imagine.

On the other hand L is just an another part of this imaginary world, a normal character without magic. Though it's still weird that he knows much more than her about all these stuff.

"First we've to hack into the security systems. I can take care of the barriers with the system but opening the locks of the door might be a little difficult considering I'm not that good with computer"

"Are you serious?"

"I am. The system is actually much more easier than all those difficult formulas of computer"

A hidden character that's bad at technology? Even though he's perfectly capable of controlling the system however he wants?

But his expression looked like he was genuinely troubled.

Asuka sighed in frustration. It seems like there's really no other way.

"Then should we ask for someone else's help?"

"Do you have someone in mind?"

"Ikeda Sora. The character of the second route. I'm sure you know him"

She really didn't want to be involved with other characters but their mission was simply impossible without help of a third person. Even if L can hack into the security system, he also has to take care of the magical things surrounding the building all the while hiding from the dark angel.

Asuka herself knows that she's just a baggage and that has no other choice but to stay protected. Thus the only way she could help him is to get Sora to cooperate.

"You're right. I'm sure if it's him, he can do it without problem"

Charmed and encouraged by L's smile, Asuka decided to convince Sora tomorrow no matter what.

____

I'll be honest.. I like being in quarantine. Since I'm at countryside, I can lie about having no internet connection to my teacher and slack off as much as I want.

Who else have the same energy as me? Lol.

Btw I'll continue writing this book from 3rd perspective. Just saying.