Third route; 7. Safety first

I can see his hand reaching the door.

"What're you doing here?"

A familiar robotic voice asked. I can only see what's in front of me through the small crack on the door and even if the owner of that voice is in front of me I can't see him because of the person who is close to opening the door.

However I know the owner of this cold voice without looking at him.

The capture target Usato, my savior of the day.

Actually I didn't expect him to be here because I ran away from the original position where everything is supposed to process.

"Ah, it's none other than our cool beastie.. I also want to ask you the same question. What're you doing here?"

Kazuma didn't seem to scared in the slightest from Usato's tone. He even seems to be quite enjoying the current situation. I can tell he's smiling even without looking at his face.

He stepped few step forward so that I can see him fully. But when I was observing him he stared at me and we made an eye contact.

A shiver ran down my body. His grin widened, which made it sure that he clearly saw me but decided to ignore me. Then his attention was back on Usato as he answered his question.

"I'm here to take care of this old furnitures as my grandfather said. Now answer my question"

Hearing that made Kazuma frown slightly. Then a brand new smile, which I saw when he was with Riku before appeared as if he wasn't doing anything bad just now.

"We're here to accept the gift my friend sent. Unfortunately I can't find it right now but none of it matters anymore. Since there's also you here, I'll just go and tell my friend that you're with our precious gift"

"Then go ahead and tell whoever you want. Do you think that's enough to threaten me?" Usato was sending him a one scary glare. If looks could kill everyone here would be dead right now. On the other hand this crazy bastard was smiling innocently without any problem as he continued.

"Not at all. You've a strong background just like mine, no, or maybe even better than mine. I can't possibly offend you here right?"

"Then get out of here"

"Fine, fine. Let's just leave since we're no match for him" with that Kazuma walked fast Usato, who was blocking the exit, with his friends.

"You can go now"

I slowly opened the door and stepped outside. The wardrobe was too small that it was hard to call it a wardrobe. I don't know how I fit in here in the first place.

"Thank you. I seriously thought I was going to die"

I decided to properly thank him even if it was his fault to show up this late. If he was going to be a hero he should've showed up a bit earlier.

"Are you okay?"

"Of course, thanks to you I'm perfectly fine. By the way, can you please keep me company until I safely reach the dormitory?"

It's time to use this pretty body. With my acting skills I filled my eyes with tears and pretended to hurt my leg when I stepped out of the wardrobe.

He must feel guilty because the reason why my leg is hurting, is him. Plus the dormitory is really close to the school. It probably won't take long. As expected he was staring at me with a pitiful gaze but what he asked was out of expectation.

"It's weekend. Why're you still staying in the dormitory?"

Most students go home during the vacation. Some who has a home far away usually cannot return home every weekend. But that too is a rare thing since almost everyone here is rich and their home is located at the city.

I can understand the reason this guy is staring at me with such a gentle gaze filled with pity. Currently I'm the only one staying in the dormitory even during the Christmas period.

"I don't have a place to stay other than that. Also that place is pretty comfortable" I tried to appear as a modest yet pitiful person.

"I heard B building's rooms are really shabby. Is it really okay?" 

Wow, this guy is rudely honest. Not only he knows about my background, he also seem to know about my current situation.

"I'm fine. I bought everything I need, thanks to that expensive bi-... ahem, I'm doing perfectly fine on my own. You don't need to worry"

I almost said about selling that expensive bicycle in front of him. The concern he's showing me is enough. I don't want to be a desperate person who sold other people's gift, specially after hearing that he picked that for me personally.

"So how about we go now.." I tried to walk fast him but he grabbed my wrist before I could go. With a very serious expression he said,

"You can't go there"

"Excuse me?"

"Those guys are probably waiting for you outside of your room. It's dangerous. Let's go to my place"

"You're saying your place isn't dangerous?"

"Yes. I live with my grandparents. They will be happy to see you"

"W-wait, do I know your grandparents?" I stuttered nervously as I followed him, who is started walking with my wrist in his hand.

"Yes you do know my grandfather. My grandfather is the school director"

"W-what? T-that old man.."

I can clearly remember that old man's face. He definitely was a sly yet good person who is good at judging things. He also tried his best to defend me after that incident.

I know he probably won't remember that since it's a different route but he must remember the Asuka who is exceptional at studying.

Kazuma probably won't let me go that easily. But what can a brat like him do when I'm under protection of the director himself?

Additionally I don't have to worry about spending new year alone. Since they're rich, they might provide me with free food and a luxurious place to stay.

Only one problem.

Sakura might go crazy if she see me with Usato.

If she really go crazy I'll just cry and tell her about those bullies.

Let's just ignore those facts and enjoy the luxury at least few days before I get killed by either Sakura or Kazuma's group.