Rio Meison Busujima🍽(Rio Mason Busujima)

I'm basing this completely off of Violet Evergarden...sad ass anime but beautiful as ever (;'ٹ')
Lot's of repeating words, odin help me...

'Here, during World War 3, life is a hit or miss. It's lasted for about 4 years now, and no sign has been signaled for anyone's victory. My soldiers and I have captured numerous outposts, yet we are not able to finish off this war. The captain must give orders for us to do so, but...we have not found him ever since he was caught by those thieving fiends that call themselves Chuohku.'

You groaned as your feather ran out of ink. A small jar rested on top of your desk's board and you grabbed it, re-dipping your feather in it to continue writing a report. It wasn't necessarily a report to anyone but yourself. You had a tendency to write even during the flames of war. Although, in the midst of writing, a soft clatter of boots made you shift and turn back. A boy in oversized, grey army clothing and large black laced boots stared at you with his dully-lit eyes.

Despite his...unnatural outlook that seemed to startle your men, you could only bare a smile and care for the boy like he was your own. No one else would treat him correct, so it was simply your duty to protect this boy. He was born into war anyways with his father being a commander listed dead long before the war, and his mother giving him away to the navy. So providing a motherly love for him even though you both were in chaos wasn't new to him.

"What's the issue, Meison?"

You asked. People would call him by either his last or first name, but you found his middle/first last name quite the intriguing one. To think that a boy, one of half American and half Japanese, is stuck in a war torn world because of both sides—you couldn't help but to have a little respect for the child. He shook his head without words. A sigh escaped your lips and a frown covered your face. How were you to ever make this boy generally like you out of the commander nonsense?

"Do you...Do you want to have night shift?"

Rio shook his head again. You were about to huff, giving up on speaking with him, until he stuttered.

"Hm? What was that, boy?"

You asked. Rio spoke again in clearer words, holding the silver name tag necklace you bought him in his hands.

"W...What does...Why did you buy-"

"Commander (L/n)!"

A soldier rushed in, almost pushing Rio over if he didn't look, and shouted out an urgent report. You wanted to groan aloud, yell at him for interrupting your partner in action, but all you could do was listen.

"Enemy scouts from the east district started to close in to our territory! And the Northern-west district's troops are held captive by Chuohku!"

"Damnit."

You hissed. You and your soldiers were the southern district, hiding away in plain sight. If the east district scouts search and do find you, the war will be over and Chuohku would win. It was over half of the world's goal for these women not to win the war; they'd change humanity's history itself if they did. They already had control of Japan, Otome Tohoten attacking the Prime Minister and claiming the chair for herself. So, for the world, you made it your duty to fight for a world that's supposed to stay like it has been. Even if it was a little damaged and tampered with poverty, crimes, and such. It was home. Your home. You didn't want it to change like how Chuohku had it in mind.