Chapter 18 : Terms

We all sat there in complete silence. Ahri and I were staring at Kayden and the other three he brought in. Noctis and Hati were constantly taking glances at each other and their respective groups, wondering who's group would break the silence first. Hati didn't see that Kayden was staring at her but luckily I did and the way Kayden was looking sent chills down my spine. I remained rigid, if I didn't Kayden would surely notice, and at this stage, I can not... will not show any weakness. I have to draw his attention away from Hati before she notices.

Y/n: *cough* "The question. It's rude not to answer."

It was successful and his attention, though being slightly annoyed, was on me and Ahri again.

Kayden: "Well. We're here to reclaim our old territory."

Ahri: "Bullshit."

Y/n: "It's okay Ahri. Let's just heard him out."

I can tell she doesn't like his presence one bit but if she had to tick him off he would simply call in his pack to kill us and take Hati.

Y/n: "But she has a point. I have been here for seven years and the only Dire wolf I have ever seen is Hati and her dead father."

Kayden: "Well, that's because it belonged to us 15 years ago."

Ahri and Hati were a little lost for words as the kids just stared, slowly leaning forward in anticipation for a story. The kids were breathing slowly but I could tell they were controlling it and it seemed Clara noticed too as she continued the story.

Clara: "You see, our pack used to be 46 strong. We controlled the land you now call home. We also kept the land safe, we fought humans, monsters, and even rival packs. We were undefeated and it stayed that way for a long time. Then one year, our rival packs didn't come to try and take the land. Instead came... A Shade Wolf... I remember the day clearly. It standing on a ledge of high rock formations, looking down at us with its dark blue eyes. The sun was setting behind it and... the shadows... were moving. The next thing to happen is the Shade Wolf howling and pack members dropping like flies with their blood slipping everywhere. The Shadows were sticking out like knives and slashing any Dire wolf in the area. I was lucky enough to escape with little injuries and was able to warn the others. We left the land as a pack of 23. Now... we're just nine."

Kayden: "And now. Seeing as you are still alive after years of living here it must mean that bitch is dead."

Y/n: "do you know her name?"

He paused for a bit, looking into my eyes.

Kayden: "You already know her name."

Granted I was surprised how he was able to but I couldn't show it. I can only show a cold killer. Anything less they may do something they will regret.

Y/n: "...Lykos. right?"

Kayden stood up with rage and fury in his eyes. He was fast, so fast that I couldn't even see him move as he pulled me away and held me up against the wall. He is grip was strong, stronger than a bear when it has an animal between its jaws.

Kayden: "How the bloody hell do you know that name!"

Clara: "Kayden! Calm down!"

Ahri: "Y/N!"

Everyone was staring at Kayden and me. Most ready to fight. I simply stared down at Kayden as his grip tightened on my jacket. There was something I had to do to prevent a fight and that's when I saw it. Lykos's fur on the couch I was sitting on. They must not have seen it because we were all sitting on it.
I pointed to the fur but Kayden didn't bother looking. Thankfully Diona did look.