Chapter 12 : My new life

I woke up to the beautiful sound of birds singing reminding me that it is the beginning of spring. The snow slowly melting away revealing the lush green grass underneath. And the bright vibrant colors of the newly forming flowers. Even the smells are beautiful. Is the rest of warm air filling my nostrils and a hint of.... spices? I look to my left where Ahri would usually be by this time.

Y/n (thoughts): I wonder where she is?

The door to my room bursts opens from two little trouble makers running around laughing. Ever since Riot left Lisa and Paul in our care five months ago they've been so troublesome, making noise and knocking around things but for some reason, it feels nice. Next thing I know they're both on either side of the bed climbing on and jumping around.

James&Paula: COME ON Y/N!

Y/n: Guys it's too early for this.

James: But Ahri told us to wake you uuuuup!

Y/n: *sigh* fine I'll get up.

James stands up with an accomplished smile he faces like he's just concorded a beast or finish a hard mission. Paula and I watch little James run out of the room and we start laughing like Hyenas. I have noticed both of their little quirks. James says he is 5 years old and this is proven cause he is hyperactive and is nearly impossible to control. He is always wanting to try new things and play with Hati. Paula is 4 years older than her brother and is more reserved but still plays with Paula. She is very mature for someone her age which worries me she's growing too fast. She mustn't learn the hardships of life at such a young age. Suddenly Paula hugs me breaking me from my thoughts. She's not crying but the emotion on her face shows only a sad girl. I didn't think I'd be acting as the father figure although I should have realized that a long time ago. Not knowing what to do I awkwardly hug back while patting her head.

Y/n: What's wrong?

She stays quiet only making me feel more awkward but also making me more concerned for Lisa.

Paula: It's nothing.

She immediately leaves the room making me more confused than before. I hope I can find out what's going on with Paula.

Ahri: Y/n! Come eat!

Y/n(Thoughts): jeez these people won't even let me get ready.
Y/n: I'm coming down now.

Now being told twice I get out of bed and put on the usual fur-based clothing and head downstairs. The work that the town put in this place is nothing short of a miracle. They had little time to plan and build, not to mention getting the resources, and built a home bigger, better, and stronger than my own. All the logs line up and not a single piece of wood or nail sticks out. Walking down the wood staircase my barefoot brush against something soft and fluffy
Looking down only to see a clump of Hati's fur. Great, it's that time as well where she sheds off her winter coat. This has to be the most annoying and confusing morning I've ever had. My train of thought stops when I enter the kitchen and see four plates with beautiful scrambled eggs and toast on each. Ahri is standing by the sink..... wearing nothing but a skirt and an apron. I immediately look away while blushing so hard I could faint. The worst part is Ahri saw me look away and a devilish smile grows on her face. She silently sneaks up behind me throwing her arms around my stomach and pressing her body against mine. I can feel two giant squeezy pillows flatten on my back only making me closer to fainting. Ahri goes on her tippy toes getting closer to my right ear. So close I can feel her rhythmic breathing on my neck.

Ahri: What's the matter Y/n~. Are you feeling well~? If not I'm going to have to take care of you.

Entrance by her seductive voice I could not think of anything at that moment. My mind goes blank and I can't move a muscle. To bring me back Ahri takes a small gentle bite off my ear but instead of doing what she wants, I fall straight on my face for I can't take it anymore.

-Ahri's POV-

Ahri: Uhhhhh?

I don't know why he'd fell on his face but it looks like he's not getting up any time soon. Hati and the kids walk in and look at Y/n laying on the floor. They start laughing at him and I join them. After a moment of non-stop laughing James points at Y/n's head and says.

Janes: What's that?

Our laughing turns to gasps of concern when we see a small pool of blood slowly leaks across the floor. I hear Hati's voice.

Hati: You may have overdone it this time.

-time skip one hour-

Everyone is sitting in the lounge waiting for Y/n to wake up from his fall. His head is laying on my lap with rolled-up tissues in his nose to stop the bleeding. He looks so peaceful on my lap, so peaceful I couldn't help but stroke his hair which, judging by his reaction, he likes.

Hati: Why do you like teasing him?

I turn to faces Hati who is keeping Lisa and Paul preoccupied with her tail.

Ahri: I don't know.

Hati: *sigh* I'm going out for a run. Watch over these two.

Hati stands up and looks at the two kids hanging from her tail. Both of them grinning from ear to ear. The two let go and start running to their rooms to play with the toys Red brought over not so long ago. I see Hati leave and I turn my attention back to a fully awake Y/n.

Ahri: Wakey wakey sleepy head~.

He gives me a small smile before sitting up and walking to his bow.

Ahri: Where are you going to?

Y/n: I just need some time to think.

Ahri: But why?

He didn't answer me, just leaving with his bow and still being barefoot. I lower my head and ears, worrying that I went too far this morning.

I know it's a short chapter but don't worry after the next one things will get rolling again.