Chapter 9 : Help from the wrong Demon

-third person-

The tension has never been higher. Hati and Y/n is restrained and currently useless. All they can do is watch as the truth of Ahri and Oliver's group is revealed.

-Y/n POV-

I was left speechless at what Oliver said. It's not possible, Ahri only has one tail. As if he knew what I was thinking Oliver spoke.

Oliver : It's hiding the other eight tails. Kitsune have that ability, well most of them.

I still can't believe it. It's not possible. I know Kitsune to be deadly and aggressive. Ahri is none of those things.

Oliver : You still don't believe. Come on dear put his mind at ease and show him.

I caught Ahri's eyes. The fear and the pain in them were clear signs that she didn't want to show her tails. She could no longer hold eye contact with me as she turned her head away. Seconds later eight more tails flung out like a peacock. Tears rolling down her face as my eyes couldn't believe what they're seeing.

Oliver : You know I should actually thank you. If you didn't take her in we won't be able to do the ritual.

Y/n : R-ritaul?

Oliver : Right! I forgot, you see everyone here is apart of a cult. Laughing Hand. Our job is to bring our Lord to this world. Zuile.

Y/n : ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE!?! WHY WOULD YOU RELISH A DEMON ON THIS WORLD!?!

His just stood there. Unfazed by my words.

Oliver : Because I made a deal and that's all you need to know.

A cold silence, once again, fell on this place. I could do nothing but look at Ahri and see the fear in her eyes but her face did not show it. I saw Ahri's ears twich as if trying to hear something but all can I hear are men shuffling around. Suddenly she turned her attention to Oliver.

Ahri : S-so what are you g-going to do i-in the r-ritaul?

She was trying not to sound afraid but her studder and quivering tone of voice said otherwise. I'm not sure what she is trying to accomplish by starlings for time.

Oliver : Hmm? Well if you must know we must hold you down on the table like so.

As he said that he snapped his fingers and the two who were restraining Ahri carried her to the stone table where they were met by two others. They then proceed to lay her down on the table and each one of them grabbed a limb and held it down. Through out this process Ahri struggled but to no avail.

Oliver : Now our Lord is not particular on the way we preform the ritual. So long as we start by cutting of the middle tail.

Oliver pulled out a midevil sacrificial knife seemingly out of nowhere.

Oliver : And of course we need to use certain items and say certain phrases during the ritual but you'll be dead before we get to them. Now that you know what's going to happen... shall we.

He looked at me when he said the last part. Slowly Oliver moved the knife under Ahri's middle tail, most likely to cut it from the bottom up.

Ahri : AHHHHHHHHHHH Y/N!!!

Y/n : AHRI!! OLIVER STOP YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THIS.

Oliver stopped with the blade practicality touching Ahri's tail. He looked up at me only to see his men struggling on holding me back.

Oliver : Y/n. Not a bad name.

He quickly looked back down. Tensing up for the act he's about to commit.