Chapter 35: Everybody

The day starts with Ahri and Y/n making breakfast for everyone. Afterward, they both leave to spend the day together. As for everyone else, they went to work on their things so let's have a small look at everyone's daily activities.

We start with Noctis, Hati, and two other wolves. Hati and Noctis are being taught how to be proper Direwolf. This means hunting tactics, pack mentality, and pack roles. Noctis doesn't need these lessons but it helps Hati when he is there. The lessons also consist of magic training. Mainly how to recognize when magic is being used and how it can affect the user. Like how Clara and Diona used magic to hold a human form.
Of course, Hati and Noctis tried transforming but to no avail.

Wolf #1: "Maybe they are not focusing enough?"

Wolf #2: "Or they are focusing too much?"

A bit ironic that these two are trying to teach something that they cannot do.

Moving on we head to Diona who is trying to see what the human Olivia is made of. Surprisingly Olivia is holding her own against the combat harden wolf. Both bring their strengths to the table. Diona brings literal strength and speed while Olivia has speed and acrobatics. So the spar is pretty much one dodging the other. Morning for anyone watching but a real good workout for the two.

Speaking of watching. James, Dharma, and two more wolves watch the two fight. The little boy is all snug and comfy with his best friend Dharma. The same can't be said for her but she enjoys his company. The two have grown close and are now inseparable. No one knows why but they just never leave each other's side. Some nights Y/n would catch James using Dharma as a big soft fluffy pillow and she would curl up around him to each the fragile boy as warm as possible. It's adorable.

Sadly though not everyone gets the same treatment as James for Paula is always walking by herself or reading a book. For some unknown reason, she has become slightly distant from the wolves ever since Kayden pushed Y/n to the edge. It's almost like she blames the wolves for her parent-figures near death. Right she is taking a stroll through the forest. Hearing her small feet crush the snow and watching elks run in the valley. Sometimes she likes to visit her special spot, which she believes no one knows about. In fact, she enjoys it so much that she heads to it now but little does she know that she is being followed.

Once at the hot springs, Paula slides down and takes her usual spot by the water's edge. The sound of flowing water and the natural steam always clears her mind. The view of the place also helps as she cannot help but stare, admiring all the details of snow-white rocks mixed with green moss and crystal clear water. A sight that even the entity following stops to admire.

Paula: "Aaaahhhh!!"

Tenie: "AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!"

Her sudden appearance frightened Paula, forcing her to scream which in turn frightened Tenebris.

Paula: "What are you doing her Tenie! Shouldn't you be with Dad?"

There is a clear hint of surprise in her voice with slight annoyance.

Tenie: "Well, I saw you walking off and decided to follow. And to answer your question, Y/n is spending the day with Ahri so I have nothing else to do."

With Tenebris's explanation, Paula could not do anything else but stare at the steamy water. The shadow gracefully took a seat next to the silent girl as the water calmly flows past. Tenebris puts her hand on the little girl's shoulder. The sensation of having darkness or a shadow touching her shoulder. There is weight from the hand but it's so light that it's not noticeable. Then there is the unbearable cold of her skin but it doesn't sting or burn. It just... feels cold.