Chapter 2 : Ahri the Fox

*BANG*

Y/n: Hati! Get the fur rug and the herbs I need!!!

This is bad. The woman in my arms is cold and pale like a ghost. She's also lost a lot of blood and is growing weaker by the second. I set her down on my bed and quickly run to the medical supplies. Hati got the herbs and went straight to see what she can do about setting up a fire. With the stuff, I need it to return to the room and get working immediately. Before I began I had a better look at her injuries and to horror it is bad. I'm surprised she is still alive. Taking a second to think I decided what to do.
Hati just looked at me, worried about the woman.

Y/n: Hati I need you to leave the room ok.

Without hesitation she left, leaving me with a dying woman.

Y/n: I sure hope you won't feel this.

-time skip: one hour later-
-third person-

The sun is starting to set and the stars right ready to shine but Hati didn't notice. All she could think about is that woman and why (y/n) is taking so long. Hati heard a door open and saw (y/n) walking out with an exhausted and concerned look. His hands are a bloody mess.

Y/n: Come on Hati. I still owe you that wash.

This is a surprise for Hati both in the fact of what (y/n) said and that she still has Elk blood on her fur. She wonders how long he would have kept quiet but there's no point asking.

-Y/n POV-

It is heartbreaking to see Hati so sad and quiet but I'm not sure how else she is supposed to react. I did what I could for that woman and she looked stable when I left although she is still in a lot of pain. All I can is make sure she stays warm nothing more. Thanks to Hati with the fire set up it was so to help calm her down a bath would do the trick. But it's not.

Hati : (y-y/n) is s-she going to be o-ok?

Y/n: I don't know.

Hati: What are we going to now?

Y/n: Wait.

Hati: What happened to her? Could you tell?

Keeping quiet for a moment, debating whether I should tell her, I pull out a steel crossbow bolt and put it down for her to have a look. Now focusing on wash Hati and my hands I say in an emotionless voice.

Y/n: She was shot. Most likely by one of the guys we saw yesterday.

Hati: What!? That can't be, they said they were looking for a fox.

Y/n: And we found it.

A terrible silence fell between us and not sure what else to say both Hati and I kept quiet. Finishing with the wash I tell Hati.

Y/n: It's late. We should get some sleep.

Hati: I'll say with the girl to make sure she stays warm.

With my bed taken, I looked around for a place to sleep and settled on a make-shift bed using my couch. All I need is a blanket or something to keep me warm. I remember a little compartment under the floorboards that I use to keep supplies. I'm a little taken back by my findings in there. A Shade Wolf fur the very same one that bit my shoulder. Life sure is full of surprises, how could I forget it here. Now I have my setup for the night or a few to come but it'll do. Closing my eyes I have nothing to do now but sleep.

-time skip : 12:13 next day-

??? : AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Y/n: WHAT THE F... ow.

What the hell was that, it woke me up fast than a bucket of water. Why am I on the floor, did I fall off. That scream sounded like it was coming from my room.