Chapter 26: Can't Get a Break

It was late at night when Y/n was sitting on the patio watching the biggest fire burn with the wolves and kids dancing and running around it. The kids were laughing and the wolves were howling with joy as they played with each other. Six Elk and one Moose were roasting on the fire. All skinned gutted and drained of blood. Ahri and Clara were the ones spearheading the cooking and seasoning. They were talking and laughing while mixing spices and slathering them over the roasting meat. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. All except for one. A grey wolf lay away from everyone with her head down. She was watching everyone but Y/n can see her eyes were fixed upon James. Those shiny orange eyes.

Y/n made a whistle to get her attention, which it did, but at the same time getting everyone else's attention. He gestured for her to come and everyone else went back to celebrating.

As she was approaching Y/n could see more of this wolf as well as see Clara staring at him with a concerned look. This wolf was a little bigger than Noctis and her fur had a lot of gasps in it where scars lay on the skin. Her eyes were just like Ahri's with a golden orange glow. The only other difference Y/n noticed was how long her fur was. It was a little shorter than Hati's but noticeably longer than the others.

She sat in front of Y/n with her head lowered yet still keeping eye contact

???: "You... called... alpha?"

Y/n: "You don't need to call me alpha."

She raises her head slightly and just stared at Y/n. It made him a little uncomfortable.

Y/n: "So... do you have a name?"

???: "... Dharma..."

She lowered her head again from either fear or embarrassment. It was hard for Y/n to with her wolf features and not being able to see her eyes.

Y/n: "Well Dharma, why aren't you dancing with the others?"

She hesitated a bit and answered.

Dharma: "be... because I don't belong with them..."

Y/n looked at Dharma and saw sadness and pain in her eyes as she stared at the others. As he was about to say something, Clara called for them both.

Clara: "Y/n, Dharma. Come eat!"

He quickly responded before drawing his attention back to Dharma.

Y/n: "Coming! Can you at least eat with them?"

She gave a short nod before standing up and walking over. Y/n did the same though it was a little difficult as the effects of the Devil's Kiss were still working. Only now he can move with some resistance and little to no feeling in his body.

He soon joined the others. Everyone sat at a massive wood table, which Y/n is still trying to figure out how it got here, where everyone who had a human form sat on chairs and the others on fur rugs. The wolves towered over the table even though they were sitting on the floor and had to lower their heads just too close to the steaming meat on their plates. Clara stood up with Diona and said.