Chapter 22 : Devil's Kiss

As of this moment, Y/n and Kayden were staring down at each other and everyone was waiting in anticipation for what was about to come next.

The air was cold and still. Not a single hint of a breeze. The Northern Lights slowly dimmed down leaving on the moon for a source of light. The entire forest was quiet. Not even the tiniest insect dared to make a noise.

Both Alphas' breaths came in the forms of mist as their bodies surged with the heat. It was like they each had an intimidating aura that only they can sense.

Eventually, Kayden moved first, going for a low blow. Y/n was not able to notice it in time and got hit directly in the stomach. The fist was contacted with more force than Y/n could handle so he dropped to the ground on one knee. Kayden looked down at him, beyond disappointed.

Kayden: "Is this seriously what I have been listening to? You are pathetic."

Suddenly a flashback of before raced in Y/n's mind. The flames, shouting, blood... he was not going to let that happen again. His fist clenched up and, before anyone knew what happened, delivered a hit of his right under Kayden's chin. Everyone was felt in shock as they watched their Alpha stubble back. He looked a bit surprised by Y/n's uppercut and quickly started to growl.

Now the fight is going to get serious as both charged at each other. As soon as they were close enough Kayden jumped to tackle Y/n but unfortunately being in the air meant there was no real force he could use so Y/n was able to bring Kayden down. Not only did Y/n successfully tackle but he also slammed Kayden down, the air from his lungs being ripped away. He saved himself from another powerful punch from Y/n by kicking him as he reared back.

The two were back at square one, staring each other down. Suddenly Kayden rushed Y/n, grabbing him by the shoulders and pummelling his punches. 1 hit,2 hits,3,5, 9. The number just kept increasing and Y/n was struggling to block them all. The first fist landed on his forearms then his stomach, ribs, shoulders. Nowhere on his upper body was saved from the barrage of fists.

After about 50 or so hits Kayden reared back to end the fight however Y/n was able to move out of the way and caught the powerful punch in motion. He redirects the punch so he could get Kayden in a headlock. He was struggling to break free but Y/n's hold was too strong now. In the last-ditch effort, Kayden stood up with Y/n and smashed him into the nearest tree causing it to fall. Y/n still held his grip and now Kayden was desperate so he used his free arm to repeatedly elbow Y/n in the ribs. Each strike was like a hammer, smashing hot steel on an anvil. It only took two strikes to break 3 of Y/n's ribs and only another 7 for Kayden to start losing consciousness. He kept struggling even when he was back on the ground.

Soon his body went limp and Y/n was finally able to let go, panting heavily. Paula and James ran to Y/n, helping him up and taking him inside. Every step was pain and every slight twist of the torso sent a burning pain through his body. As for Kayden, only the creepy wolf helped him, and even then it was just to take him far away from the house.

Meanwhile, in the house, Ahri and Clara were making sure that Noctis was going to be alright. They healed and dulled as much of his pain as possible. Hati sat by the door, staring with great concern.

Hati: "Is... he going to... be okay?"

Ahri turned to Hati and gave her a reassuring smile.

Ahri: "He will be okay after a night's rest."

Just then Ahri's ears perked up, listening to something. She commented.

Ahri: "The fight is over..."

She heard the front door open and rushed to see who won. She was beyond relied upon to see Y/n standing there and not Kayden. The wolf pack slowly filling in, staying quiet as they entered and lay down. She ran up and hugged Y/n.