Private Lesson

Leo's POV

"Can I have a couple more tries?" Y/N asks

"One of us would have to stay" Donnie says "April isn't ready to teach this stuff yet"

My brothers and I look at each other. We really should be getting her back to the lair. I turn back to tell her as such and see the excitement and anticipation in her eyes. I can't say no to that. She's so eager to learn and I'm not sure how anyone could say no to her with that look on her face. In that moment, I make up my mind.

"I'll stay" I say "April and Casey can do patrol with you guys."

"Are you sure Leo?" Y/N asks, her face now not sure if she made the right call. "I don't want to take you away from what you need to be doing."

"I don't mind" I smile "Raph, you take point"

Raph nods and leads the others off and back towards the heart of the city.

"You sure about this?" Y/N asks again

"Absolutely" I say "You want to keep going and learn. I can't say no to that. But it won't be for too much longer, you really should be getting back to the lair soon. It's been a long day."

Your POV

"So what do I do now?" I ask

"How about you and I have a bit of a keep up game?" Leo says

"Like I try to keep up with you?" I ask

"Yep" Leo says "I'll go first and you do your best to keep going until I stop."

"You're on" You grin

"Follow my lead" Leo smiles

Leo takes off without another word. You follow him back and forth across the gap. As you go Leo goes faster and faster, but never so fast that you couldn't keep up properly. You focus solely on following Leo, so much so, that you don't notice what he was doing. Leo starts to slow down and halts a few hops later.

"Well done" Leo says "You didn't even hesitate when I lead you to another roof.

"Wha?" You say, looking around.

Indeed, you were no longer on one of the two roofs you'd been practicing on for the past few hours.

"How did you know that I would be ok going over one that didn't have the net?" You ask

"You've been jumping that gap for hours" Leo says "You're able to do that one perfectly, so I decided to see if you could keep up. Don't worry, I didn't take you over any gaps bigger than that one"

"Thanks Leo" You smile "I really appreciate you taking the time to help me"

"No problem Y/N" Leo smiles "To tell you the truth, I like being the one teaching for a change."

"It suits you" You say

"Thanks Y/N" Leo grins "Now let's get you back to the lair. You're going to be sore tomorrow."

"It'll be worth it" You say "As long as that means I can come out with you guys sooner"

"You'll get there Y/N" Leo chuckles "Patience"

"You really are a teacher" You tease "You're sounding like Spliniter more and more every day."

"I'll take that as a complement" Leo says

"Can I ask you for one more favor?" You ask

"Anything" Leo says

"I really enjoyed you teaching me tonight" You say "Would you mind helping me with my training back at the lair?"

"I'd love to Y/N" Leo says "I'll talk to Master Splinter in the morning about it."

"Thanks Leo" You yawn "I guess I'm ready for bed now. I'm tired now that we've slowed down."

"Too tired to hop a few more roofs to get back to our starting point?" Leo asks

"I think I can handle that" You say

"Then let's see how well you keep up now that you're tired" Leo says "This'll be good practice, cause there will always come a time when you have to run away when you're exhausted."

"Already been through that" You say "Rather not have to deal with that again"

"You'll get better as you train more" Leo says "Now, break time is over. Back to the lair"