Stay

You made it back to the lair and collapsed face first into the couch. You were planning on sleeping in your bed, but upon seeing the couch, your room felt so very far away.

"Why don't you just go to bed?" Donnie asks

"Too tired to move" You mumble, fading fast. "I need a nap to make it to my room"

"It would be less effort to just go to bed" Donnie says

"Already lying down" You counter

"Get some sleep everyone" Leo says "We still have patrol tonight."

"Way to be a spoil sport" Raph mutters

The boys head off for their rooms. You lie on the couch and wait to drift off. Sleep comes quickly and you drift into dreamland. Or rather nightmare park. Not only had you been up for over 24 hours, you had been taken on an emotional rollercoaster ride and it was messing with your dreams. Normally that sort of combination would send you into super deep sleep, but this time was different. You were stuck in the scenarios your imagination had been coming up with all night.

Leo POV

I can't fall asleep knowing that Y/N is on the couch. Last time she did that, she was sore for days (it isn't a good couch) and made me promise to never let her do that again. On one hand Donnie did ask and she said she was fine, but on the other hand I did make a promise... I sigh, get up and head back to the living room. There was no use fighting it, the only way that I would sleep is knowing she was comfortable and safe. I'd carry her to bed if needed. I walk back into the living room and see her gently breathing form on the couch. I smile at her peaceful state, or so I thought. As I round the couch to pick her up, I see the scared look on her face. Y/N's has a death grip on a throw pillow and she looks like she's about to start crying in her sleep. She must be having another nightmare. I sat down in front of her.

"Y/N" I call, gently shaking her shoulder.

She simply whimpers in response. I sigh and call her name a bit louder as I shake her shoulder.

"Y/N. Come on beautiful, wake up"

"Leo??" Her eyes snap open. Her E/C eyes look at me with a mix of sadness and relief.

"Hey, you're ok" I say, really hoping that in her sleepy state she didn't notice what I'd just called her. "You're awake now. Nothing you just saw was real."

"I knew I was dreaming" Y/N say "But I couldn't get out. Thank you for waking me up"

"Of course Y/N" I say "Do you want to talk about it?"

"Not really." Y/N shakes her head "But I could use a distraction"

"Movie?" I ask

"Is there any other way?" Y/N smiles

I pop in her favorite movie and join her on the couch. It doesn't take long for her eyelids to start drooping. This movie never fails to put her to sleep when she's exhausted. I reach around her to pull up a blanket and she snuggles into my side.

"Can you be my pillow for a bit?" Y/N asks sleepily

I chuckle and put my arm around her. "Stay as long as you like."

I mentally facepalm. That had to have been the cheesiest line ever. It sounded good when Captain Ryan said it, but when I did, I could hear how bad it actually was. Y/N doesn't seem to notice and within a minute she's out once again. I smile down at her peaceful face. I know that this is a one time thing. Once Y/N is fully rested she'll be just fine and it'll be like none of this happened. I can't help but feel a twinge of disappointment at the thought. I really wish we could stay like this forever. Y/N was amazing, kind and beautiful, but there was no dimension where I would be able to tell her about my feelings. I knew fighting my feelings was useless and I would do anything to keep Y/N happy and safe, but I promised myself that my feelings would never see the light of day.

"Should I risk waking her up by carrying her to her room?" I wonder. "Or maybe we could stay like this a little bit longer"

Y/N snuggled closer and I decided staying here would be better than waking her up.

"I'll always stay" I whisper, as I drift off "You just have to ask"