Next Task

Leo helps you pack away any cookies that could be eaten and then follows you to your room. You warn the other three that you had counted the cookies, so there better be the same number of them when you return. Mikey pouted a bit at that one, but you assured the orange masked turtle that there would be more cookie eating soon and that turned his mood way back up.

Opening some of the bags on your bed to see what's there, you hand Leo a couple of them and grab a few items from others. He tries to ask questions to figure out what's going on next, but you wouldn't tell him a thing. You wanted all the boys to be able to experience everything together. After all, Christmas to you was all about family. That and you loved watching the four of them get excited about things together. All the reactions were just so much more funny that way.

"You know I could be more helpful if you would tell me what we're doing" Leo says, following your instructions of what to put where in the living room

"I know" I say "But I want to explain it once. I promise, this looks more complicated than it is."

"If you say so" Leo says

You nod and survey your handiwork. You'd asked Master Splinter if you could have the boys for the day and he;d given his permission. You had everything you could think of in terms of decorations laid out all over the living room. You were planning on putting on a Christmas movie, making hot chocolate and eating cookies, all while making decorations for the lair. It wouldn't be a traditional Christmas look by any means, but somehow that made it better.

"Ok" You say, satisfied that everything was in order "I think we are ready"

"Now will you tell me what's going on?" Leo asks

"Grab that last bag and follow me to the kitchen" You say "It's time for the next activity"

Leo does as you ask and eagerly follows you.

"Well done!" You smile, seeing all of the cookies decorated or cooling "Awww, you even cooked the gingerbread"

"Why are they soooo big?" Mikey asks without looking at you. His eyes firmly fixed on the rather large cookies.

"You'll find out" You say "I'm saving that activity for another day"

"I take you have another ready then?" Donnie asks

"Follow me" You grin

You lead them back into the living room.

"We're going to decorate the lair" You say, with a rather large flourish of your arms

"More?!?" Raph complains

"Don't worry" I say "I promise you'll like some of this. Some of it involves making Mikey climb really high up, and sharp objects"

"I'm in" Raph says, looking over at Mikey with a smirk

"This is a lot of stuff" Donnie says

"You should have seen it all in the bags" Leo says

"I know it looks like a lot" You say "But I promise it isn't as bad as it looks. If we work together, it won't take as long as you think. And there will be more food involved"

"Cookies?" Mikey asks hopefully

"And pizza if you all cooperate" I say

The boys stand a mock attention making you giggle.

"Where do we start first?" Leo asks, giving you a salute

"We're going to begin with hanging garland." You say 'That's the pile of weird looking rope over there"