Day of

“Hey Leo” You sleepily smile “What are you doing up?” 

“Finally finished wrapping” Leo says “You?” 

“Same” You smile “And then I got caught up in the quiet and the lights”

“Then I will leave you in peace” Leo says 

“No, no” You say, patting the floor next to you “Come sit with me for a bit. It’s nice alone, but nicer with family” 

“Ok” Leo says, sitting next to you

The two of you continue to sit there in the silence. Eventually, your eyes start to close. 

Leo’s POV 

 Y/N’s is now resting on my shoulder. Good, she needs the sleep. She’s been running like crazy, trying to fit in everything she could think of into the past few weeks. I look down at her sleeping face. She’s even more beautiful like this. Her features are soft and calm, she looks so peaceful in the gentle glow of the tree. I don’t move, wishing this moment could last so much longer. But I know it’d be better for her to wake up in her own bed and not next to me with a terrible crick in her neck. I wait a bit longer, making sure that she’s really sleeping and taking in everything I can of these precious few minutes. Once I am sure she is out cold and that moving her wouldn’t wake her, I carefully gather her into my arms and head for her room. Y/N stirs slightly at the movement, but settles into my chest a moment later. My heart warms as she does because it proves just how much she trusts me and how comfortable she is with me around. I mull over how good and oddly natural this fells. Having Y/n in my arms safe and close feels so right. As I arrive at her room, I tuck that feeling away in the ever growing box of memories marked Y/N. I place her in bed and tuck her in. 

“Good night Y/N” I whisper.. Closing her door softly

Your POV 

You wake up to Mikey’s excited yelling. You chuckle as he makes a second round a minute later. It’s only after you’ve thrown back the covers and your feet are on the floor that you realize that you have no memory of heading to bed the previous night. Mikey interrupts your thoughts for a third time and you let the missing info go and het dressed. The moment you open your door, Mikey is there demanding to know what’s on the schedule and where presents fall into that mix. 

“Hold on Mikey” You laugh “Breakfast first” 

“Ok!” Mikey says dashing off 

“Get the pancake mix out!” you call after him 

“We’d better get in there” Leo chuckles, coming down the hall from his room “Otherwise we’re going to end up with quite the mess” 

“He definitely has less coordination when he gets too enthusiastic in the kitchen” You laugh 

You and Leo spend the next hour diverting a breakfast mess disaster and in the end, you have a lovely array of food on the table. Once the food was eaten, you and the boys clean up and head for the dojo. 

Master Splinter sits with you all, with a smile as he watches you coordinate the present opening. This entire holiday had you glowing and that glow had passed onto his entire family. And for that he would be eternally grateful.