Training paying off

Even more months later

"Well done Y/N" Splinter praises

"Thank you Master Splinter" You smile "I've been working hard on that move."

"I can see that" Splinter says "And all your hard work has shown me you are ready to take they next step in your journey."

You could see a hint of a smile and a sparkle in your teachers eyes, telling you he really was pleased to be taking your training to the next step.

"What's with the smile?" You ask

"This is simply one of my favorite parts of teaching" Splinter chuckles

"And that would be?" You ask

"The day you get your weapon" Splinter says

"Thank you Sensei" You grin, trying to contain your excitement, though you were sure he could see that you're freaking out on the inside. You do your very best to contain it, as you didn't want to seem childish and mess this up.

"It is only right, as you have worked hard to earn this honor" Splinter says "Now, you shall be trained in the art of throwing stars as the other have been."

"Ok" You nod

"As you have progressed through your training I have noticed you excel at close range combat" Splinter says "I believe that Neko-te would be a good match for your skills."

Splinter hands you a slander black box. Upon opening it, you find two black gloves. Picking them up, you find them to be made of some kind of lightweight metal. The fingertips have sharp nails like things. Kind of like if you filed down fake nails into a sharp tip. But these look five times more deadly.

"These can be used a number of ways" Splinter says, picking one up "The claws my be retracted for training and combat when you do not need the claws sharp edge. They are strong enough to deflect even Leonardo's katana, yet lighter than a small sword. They also may be used with the tips coated in a sleeping potion."

"Really?" You ask, unable to believe it

"Yes" Splinter says, showing you a small compartment in the box in which a small bottle rested.

"A scratch with this will knock out even the biggest opponent."

"That sounds useful" You say, doing your best to hold back your excitement

"It is" Splinter says "But you must be careful with this weapon and what you do with it."

"Don't we all?" You ask

"Yes" Splinter says "But you have a weapon that is easily forgotten about. If you forget to retract your claws, you can injury your opponent unnecessarily. We are ninja, we do not maim and kill."

"I understand Sensei" You say

"And you must promise me you will never tamper with the serum in that bottle" Splinter says, locking eyes with you "When the time is right, I will show you how it is made. But for now you must not touch it, the slightest mistake and you will have a deadly poison."

"I promise" You say

"Let us begin" Splinter says