Chapter 5

The size of the school may be different from her old school but the students were all the same. Ashlyn could immediately see the various types of cliques just by the way they dress. Short skirts were probably the cheerleaders, the fedora hats were the theatre geeks, varsity jackets are most likely the jocks and so on. Now where is the office?Ashlyn ignored the gawking of her fellow school mates, probably the effects of seeing a new face, and searched hallways after hallways for the office.

Out of nowhere a bubbly girl stood infront of her. "Hi there!" She chirped.

Ashlyn skidded to a stop and almost bumped into her. "Watch it!"

The girl giggled. "Sorry! My name is Becky and I am a member of the welcoming committee! You must be Angel, am I right?"

Ashlyn nodded. "I prefer to be called Ashlyn. Ash for short. So...why are you talking to me?" She arched a brow.

Becky looked amused. "I am from the welcoming committee so I am here to welcome you." She said slowly as if Ashlyn was a five year old kid. "And to assist you of course."

"Great." Ashlyn said flatly. "Where's the office?"

"Right this way." Becky motioned for Ashlyn to follow her.

*********

After getting her timetable and her locker combination, Ashlyn was surprised to see Becky patiently waiting for her outside the office. "Errmm...what are you still doing here?"

"To help you find your first class!" She said. "You still don't know your way around the school, remember?"

"Good point." Ashlyn handed Becky her timetable.

She scanned the timetable and then gave it back to Ashlyn. "You have Literature with Ms Reyna. Let's go."

They started walking but were stopped by a familiar voice. "Hold it!" Becky and Ashlyn gazed at the direction of the voice. Ashlyn rolled her eyes to see the guy who was sitting on the hood of a car earlier was the one approaching them. Beside her she could see Becky tensed up. "Hello again, new girl." He grinned at Ashlyn. "I'm Levi Hudson. What's your name?"

"Why should I tell you?" Ashlyn spat out bitterly.

Levi chuckled."That's not fair, is it? I told you my name so you have to tell me yours."

Levi had wavy brown hair and hazel eyes. His body was well toned like an athlete. But Ashlyn wasn't the type of girl that swoons over every handsome face. "I didn't ask you to tell me your name, did I?"

"That's true." He nodded. "But why can't you just tell me your name? I promise you I'm not a serial killer." Levi pouted his lips.

"My name is Spongebob Squarepants." Ashlyn said with a straight face.

Levi breathed out a frustrated breath, clearly annoyed by Ashlyn's stubbornness. "We both know that that is not your real name." He pointed out.

"Is it? How would you know?" Ashlyn crossed her arms.

Levi clenched his jaw and turned to Becky as if only just noticing that she was there. A devilish smile appeared on his face. "My dearest..." He paused half way because he couldn't remember her name. Typical.

"Rebecca." Becky finished his sentence for him in a meek voice. Ashlyn could see Becky's hands trembling.

"My dearest Rebecca." He tried again. "You probably know her name right? Mind if you'd tell me?"

Ashlyn silently prayed that Becky would shut her mouth but when is she ever that lucky? "Her name is Angel Ashlyn Miller!" Becky blurted out. Ashlyn mentally slapped her forehead. Not only did Becky told him her name but she told him her full name.

"Angel Ashlyn Miller." Levi repeated. His eyes roamed over Ashlyn from head to toe. "Nice name. See you around." He winked which made Ashlyn tempted to claw out his eyeballs. But before she could do so, Levi walked away in the opposite direction. Smart move.

Ashlyn glared at Becky. "Why did you tell him my name?" She asked

"Why did you talk to him like that? Do you have a death wish? No one talks to people like him that way!" Becky gushed. "No one!"

"Don't tell me he's one of those football jocks that think they're better than anyone and think they could boss everyone around. And then the other students worship them as if they're Gods even though inside they're terrified of them." Ashlyn had seen enough highschool movies to know all those cliché stuff about teenage dramas.

Becky looked at her apologetically. "Well, you're right except for one tiny little part. He's not a football jock."

"What is he then? He look's like an athlete to me." Ashlyn shrugged.

"He's a member of the water polo team. Over here in Empire High, the water polo guys are the Kings because they brought more fame to the school than the jocks." Becky explained. "So in a way, the jocks are so called the second class Kings."

Ashlyn remembered the swimming pool she saw earlier. "That is something unusual." She admitted. "I guess this school is something else."

"Well..."Becky rubbed her chin. "Not really. Other than that, the school is pretty normal. I mean the cheerleaders are still the Queens in this school." Becky rolled her eyes. "So it's best to stay away from them." She seems to detest them just as much as Ashlyn does. And just like that, Ashlyn forgave Becky for having a big mouth.