Chapter 23

The rest of school went by in a blur. Ashlyn found herself just staring at the teacher, pretending to be paying attention but in reality she wasn't listening to anything the teachers said. She was too busy figuring out how she's going to last being Levi's girlfriend for a few weeks. Good thing none of the teachers asked her any questions during class.

Soon enough, Ashlyn was walking towards her locker and true to his words, Levi was there. He was leaning against her locker with his arms crossed and smirking at a group of girls who were giggling and waving at him as if he was some major celebrity. They weren't even trying to be discreet about it and were just openly-and not to mention shamelessly-- flirting with Levi and showing off their desperateness out in the open. After deciding that she doesn't really care, Ashlyn approached her locker with a neutral expression. The group of girls instantly stopped giggling and looked at Ashlyn warily as if afraid she'll pounce on them for flirting with her boyfriend. But Ashlyn just brushed them off and remained a straight face. Levi on the other hand, pushed himself off her locker and his smirk was replaced with a genuine smile.

"Hey, ready to go?" He asked. "I know a great place to get some really juicy burgers."

"Sure." She said hesitantly. Ashlyn wanted so much to get home but since her stomach is begging for food, why pass out on a free meal? "Just let me put away my books first. Why don't you wait for me by your car?"

"Cool." He grinned and leaned in to kiss her. Ashlyn resisted the urge to take a step back but that would just look wrong considering the fact that she's supposedly his girlfriend and that people are watching. So whether or not she likes it, she stood her ground and felt his warm lips on her forehead. "Don't take too long." He said before walking towards the school exit.

Ashlyn turned and noticed that the group of girls were still standing around her locker and looking longingly at Levi's back. Ashlyn shook her head in amusement before clearing her throat. "Like what you see, girls?"

Their eyes snapped back at Ashlyn and they smiled apologetically. "We're sorry. We didn't mean to stare at him. We know that you and Levi are-"

Ashlyn waved her hand dismissively. "It's okay. I don't really care."

The girls' eyes widened. "Yo-you don't?" One of them said in disbelief.

Ashlyn opened her locker and shrugged. "Not really." She said nonchalantly while putting her books away. "Feel free to look at him."

The girls squealed loudly, making Ashlyn winced when she felt her eardrums burst. She had only given them permission to look at Levi but the way they jumped with joy made it seem as if she had given them a back stage pass to One Direction concert or something.

"Oh my god! Oh my god! Thank you Ashlyn!" The girls giggled again before walking away.

"Errmm...you're welcome?" Ashlyn furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. What the hell is wrong with Empire High's female population? And how did they know her name? She's sure as hell doesn't know theirs'.

Just then Jaime and Max sauntered towards her. Jaime eyed the giggling girls as they walked pass him. "Are my eyes playing tricks on me or is my future step sister socialising?" He teased.

Max snickered. "I didn't know Ashlyn was capable of socialising."

Ashlyn rolled her eyes. "Shut up you two!" She slammed her locker shut to emphasise on how much they were pissing her off. But of course her anger only made them laugh harder.

"Let's go home, Ash. My favourite show is starting in half an hour." Jaime slung his arm on her shoulder.

Ashlyn pushed his arm off. "Actually I'm not heading home. I have plans with Levi." She sighed.