Chapter 1

Angel Ashlyn Miller was running as hard as she could. It's not like she's running away from something or someone. She just likes the pain it's causing to her lungs as they beg for more air. Her heart rate was pumping and her legs were sore but she just couldn't stop. Her forehead and tank top were already soaked with sweat as she dashed past every other jogger in the park.

After two more rounds she finally stopped. She used the towel that was around her neck and wiped the beads of sweat on her forehead.

"Exercising Angel?" a voice was heard from behind.

Ashlyn twirled around and rolled her eyes at the owner of the voice. "No Bill, can't you see that I'm on my way to a wedding?" She said sarcastically. What kind of question was that? She's freaking wearing a tank top and shorts. "And how many times must I tell you not to call me Angel? I hate that name."

Bill, her next door neighbour for seventeen years, chuckled. He gotten used to Ashlyn's sourness. "Alright, alrightAshlyn. You shouldn't be running too much. Or else you'd be too skinny."

Ashlyn sticked out her tongue like the immature person she was. "Don't tell me what to do."

"You're childish."

"No, I'm not." She spat.

"Yes, you are. Really childish." He nodded.

"Says the boy who's wearing a superman shirt." She pointed out.

Bill looked down at his shirt and frowned. "Hey! Superman happens to be for all ages okay!" He said defensively.

Ashlyn laughed. "Yeah, yeah whatever. See you around Bill!" She turned and started heading home.

"I don't want to see you around! You're too mean." Bill laughed.

Ashlyn smiled. "Too bad for you then. You've been stuck living ten feet away from me for seventeen years and I don't think that would change anytime soon." She called out over her shoulder. "See you soon, neighbour!"

But then the minute she got home, she was greeted by her mum who said the two words she never thought her mum would ever say: "We're moving."