Chapter 10

Ashlyn was guessing that the whole school had learned about her outburst in the library yesterday. Everyone was stealing glances at her and whispering among one another as she walked towards her locker. Ashlyn couldn't hear what all of them were murmuring but she caught certain words such as "Levi", "slaves" and "ice". How could they found out about it that fast? The argument had just happened yesterday! Damn those water polo boys for spreading the news!

A group of girls were standing near her locker and staring at Ashlyn warily as if she would eat them alive anytime soon. "What?" Ashlyn spat. "Do you got a problem with me?"

The girls' eyes widened as they shook their heads vigorously. "N-no." They stuttered before running away.

"Weird." Ashlyn muttered, watching the girls fled away. She did the combination to her locker and took out her books for Calculus. After closing her locker, she spun around only to hit a solid figure. "Crap!" She cursed as her books dropped to the floor. "Nice going ass-" Her mouth instantly shut when her eyes landed on Max. "Oh, its you." She said flatly before bending down to pick up her books.

"Were you expecting someone less handsome?" Max arched his brow.

"Nah. I really did expect an over-confident asshole." She said bitterly after reaching her full height back. "I guess I was right."

Max looked at her incredulously. "What's with the tone, Miller? I was just teasing." He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Why would you bother? You were perfectly fine with ignoring me yesterday." She bit back.

"Is that why you're so bitter?" He asked. "Because I ignored you?"

Ashlyn remained silent. Did she really care if Max ignored her? Of course not! Right?

"Look," Max sighed. "I ignored you yesterday because you made it pretty clear you want nothing to do with me. The way you were dying to leave me in the forest two days ago proved it." Suddenly a small smile played on his full lips, teasingly. "I didn't know I affect you so much."

"You don't affect me, Johnson. Don't flatter yourself." She crossed her arms. "You have to do much better than that to leave an impact on me."

"Sure Angel." He sounded unconvinced. "If you say so."

Ashlyn's hands flew up in frustration. "For the one hundredth time, don't call me Angel! Call me Ashlyn!"

Max tilted his head to the side as his eyes narrowed in on Ashlyn. "You know what? You're right."

"Right about what?"

"Right about not being called Angel." He smirked. "You're too bitter to be an angel. You're more like a Devil. Would you like me to call you Devil instead?" Max teased.

Ashlyn's nose flared in anger. "You idiot-"

The school bell cut her off. "Oh! Look at the time!" Max glanced at his wrist which doesn't even have a watch on it. "I would love to stay and chat but I better head to class now before I get a detention. I am honoured to have a conversation with Empire High's one and only Ice Queen." He bowed and left Ashlyn dumbfounded.

Ice Queen? What was that about? Ashlyn desperately needed to find some answers and she knew exactly where to find it.

********