Chapter 55

It's been three weeks since Levi left for London. Ashlyn's heart ached for him so much that she doesn't know if she could last for three years. Sure, he calls from time to time but it isn't the same compared to him being physically with her. Sometimes, it would take a few days for him to call her. But Ashlyn understands how he must be busy with moving in to his new apartment in London and enrolling himself in college.

"Hey, Ash?" Jaime knocked on her bedroom door. "You ready? The car is here."

"Yeah, I'll be right down." She called out. Standing up from her bed, she walked to her full-length mirror. A girl in a long purple dress stared back at her. Her dark hair hung loose with its ends curled in soft waves.

This is it. The wedding day.

Ashlyn took the bouquet of flower from her dressing table and headed downstairs where Jaime and her mum was waiting.

Her mum was wearing a white ball gown that complimented her petite figure well. A white veil was clipped to her hair to complete the look. In her hand held an ever bigger bouquet of flowers.

"You look beautiful, Mum." Ashlyn said as they walked to the car that would take them to the chapel where the guests and the groom were all waiting for their arrival.

"So do you, sweetie." Laura kissed her daughter's cheek before entering the car.

Thirty minutes later, the car arrived at the local chapel. Entering the Victorian style building, an old man in a dark suit stood infront of a large double door that leads to the wedding ceremony. Ashlyn could hear murmurings from the other side, everyone was already anxiously waiting for the bride.

"Hi Grandpa." Ashlyn hugged the old man.

"Hello pumpkin." Her grandpa squeezed her in his arms. He gave Jaime a pat on the back before hugging Laura next.

"Time to go." Jaime extended his bended elbow to her which Ashlyn wrapped her hand around.

"Finally." Ashlyn rolled her eyes, making both of them laugh before walking into the room.

The sound of the piano playing filled the room the minute the doors opened for them. Familiar faces of family and friends surrounded them on both sides. At the front, stood Alan looking all dressed up in his custom-made tuxedo and his hair styled, making him look younger than his age.

"I think your Dad looks younger than you." Ashlyn whispered to Jaime with a snort.

Jaime shot her a glare before they part ways at the end of the aisle. Jaime going to the right, standing behind his dad while Ashlyn went to the left.

The double doors swung open again and this time Laura came in with her hand on her dad's bended arm. Ashlyn could see Alan and Laura fighting the urge to break into a big goofy smile as they locked eyes with each other. Once they reach the end, Ashlyn's grandpa placed his daughter hand into Alan's. Giving Alan a pat on the back, he went on to take a seat on the first row where all of Ashlyn's family were seated.

The next couple of minutes flew by with the couples exchanging their vows and rings before the wedding officiant announced what everyone in the room were waiting for. "By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss your bride."

Alan lifted up Laura' veil and kissed her. The whole room erupted in mass of cheering and clapping. Ashlyn felt emotional inside. Her family is once again complete. Behind them, Ashlyn saw Jaime making gagging faces at her. She shot him a sharp look, telling to behave himself.