XXXII

[Folklore]
___

Okuyasu was one of the more public cases of the Stand Arrows and the way he reacted to it garnered more attention than they would've liked. Unlike (Y/n), Joseph and the other Stand Users they knew who got stabbed by the artifact, Okuyasu was in public when he was chosen by the arrow to gain a Stand. People who didn't know about Stands seen what it could do to a person.

"Okuyasu, are you okay? What happened?" The blond boy questioned as he watched Josuke and Joseph drag the Nijimura towards the stairs where they struggled to pull him up the steep steps. (Y/n) hadn't caught his name yet but she's seen him hang around with Josuke and occasionally chatting with Giorno when he wasn't with him. He was worried, although most of them were when they heard Okuyasu and Josuke yelling, and he followed the two Joestar boys to Okuyasu's cabin.

(Y/n) was in front of them with Jonathan, opening the door to the log structure and waiting for the two to haul Okuyasu over to his bed. "K-Koichi? When did you get here?" He groaned while Joseph laid him on his stomach, the area where the Stand Arrow entered facing the ceiling for when it would come back out. Josuke tucked his legs onto the bed instead of having them hanging over the edge then stepped back to see the mess his friend was in.

Koichi's face was screwed up in worry as he swallowed nervously, his eyes landing on the slice where the arrow went through his shoulder. He wasn't there to see what happened but he did hear Josuke yelling at Okuyasu to not move and stay where he was. What was he doing that made him say that? And give him that nasty wound nonetheless.

(Y/n) walked past the short boy to stand beside Joseph and she looked at him with a look of guilt, the youngest brown haired Joestar turning his head to see her. "I could've stopped it from happening. Genesis was so close to grabbing it but it just—!" Her rambling was cut short by both Joseph and Josuke, the latter stepping closer to rest his hands on her shoulders, shaking them lightly, and frowning at how she was talking.

"Don't say that, (Y/n)! You tried to save Okuyasu and that's what matters, okay?" Josuke insisted while Joseph nodded along with his cousin, putting his arm around the Higashikata's shoulders and smiling at the girl. "Yeah, what he said! Okuyasu's been through worse than this and I'm sure he's gonna be fine!" Joseph added making Josuke dig his elbow into his ribs and send him a small glare, muttering something under his breath to the older boy.

The girl sighed before brushing him off and moving to stand next to Okuyasu's bed, hesitantly kneeling next it to be able to speak quieter. She lifted a hand and rested it on his back, shaking him gently to see if he was awake, "Hey, can you hear me?" (Y/n) asked while leaning closer to hear his response, her eyes looking at the four who were standing around. Jonathan was standing beside Koichi and reassuring him that his friend would be alright while the blond watched her talk to the teen in agony. Joseph and Josuke moved away to speak quietly about something that made the former pout to himself.

Okuyasu peeled his eyelids open to see the girl that Josuke ditched him for earlier and also helped him when he was stupid and didn't listen to Josuke's orders. He raised his hand up slowly and pointed at her with a look of recognition, smiling at her, "You're the one from last night." He recalled and she finally met his eyes, seeing a hint of concern in them as she rose a brow. He was there last night and seen her in such an awful state? Not only did she ruin his possibly illegal viewing of Ferris Bueller's Day Off but she also gave him a sight for sore eyes when Caesar carried her limp and bloodied body out.

(Y/n) chuckled and turned her gaze to the bed sheet, "You, uh, you seen that?" She asked making Okuyasu nod his head, as much as he could with his shoulder being in pain, his hand flopping onto the bed once it got tired of pointing.