XXXVII

[Sunlight Yellow Overdrive]
___

Jonathan stared down at the gaping hole in Kakyoin's stomach with wide eyes full of fear and confusion, his stomach churning and wanting to empty itself but he was glued in place. Kakyoin's legs were spread and stretched out, the boy not having any strength to pull them closer to himself, and his arms limp on either side of his body.

He didn't know how Kakyoin was still alive, his lungs had to be taken out and he was sure that Hamon wasn't good enough to act as a life support for a dying person. Blood covered the tree trunk that held Kakyoin and it slowly spread to the ground around it, so much that Jonathan thought that he could feel it seeping into his pants.

Dio, how could he do this to another person? Someone who hadn't done anything to him but try to protect their friend who was being attacked by him. He wasn't act right, he was a cruel person but he didn't kill others for no reason, there had to be something else happening.

"JoJo," Will called quietly from on the other side of Kakyoin's limp body, his hand that pushed Ripple energy into the cherry haired teen's body shaking. Jonathan looked up and seen him glance to Kakyoin's head, his gaze turning to see what was happening. "Keep him awake while I try to heal him." Right, he needed to focus on it and probably couldn't with Jonathan staring at him.

Jonathan shuffled closer to Kakyoin's head, reaching a hand under it and lifting it up to let it rest on the bend of his elbow like a baby. His breathing was shallow and short, clearly not getting enough air to take full breaths, and when he opened his eyes Jonathan could see the tears that refused to fall down his face. "Kakyoin, it's me, Jonathan. You're going to be okay, just try not to fall asleep on me." He smiled down at him, trying to not let the fear show on his face in case Kakyoin managed to catch it.

"Did—!" Kakyoin went to ask Jonathan a question but he coughed harshly when he did, their eyes widening as blood erupted from his lips and spat up over his green long sleeve shirt. Jonathan felt froze when he felt a few drops splatter across his face, a shudder running down his spine as he tried not to give into the urge to wipe it away. He needed to push through it and keep Kakyoin awake and reassured that he'd be getting through this, he wouldn't be dying just because Dio wanted it.

He's been getting too much of what he wanted recently and that was because Jonathan was letting it slide with the threat of Dio telling his father. Today was where they'd end it, he'd no longer be abusing and manipulating his family for his gain.

"Kakyoin, you saved my brothers and our friends. You're going to see us win against that bastard!" Jonathan insisted with a determined expression on his face, his eyes softening when he seen Kakyoin smile up at him. "There's no way that Dio could take out a good guy like you, you'll make it through this to tell everyone that you survived Dio." All of them would, no one would mess with them once they hear that they fought Dio and made it out alive. Everyone either feared him or admired him, they wouldn't take the chance and fight someone who defeated the god that they looked up to.

Will watched Jonathan talk to Kakyoin with a solemn smile, as much as he wanted to believe that he'd pull through, there was no way that this boy would be coming out of here alive. His organs were turned to little pieces, he couldn't even talk, and most of his blood was drained, and that's not counting the giant hole in him. Dio proved that he wasn't taking any chances in letting them take him down, he would destroy anyone who tried to kill him.

They were too absorbed in making sure Kakyoin stayed alive that they didn't even notice when Josuke and Joseph began running towards them, their eyes focused on the boy that was arched over the tree trunk.

"Jonathan! Mr. Zeppeli! Get out of the way!" Joseph called as he and his cousin neared the three, waving his hand to get his point across, while Josuke stared at the almost infinite amount of blood that was pouring out of Kakyoin's wound. He'd never seen so much before, he's had nosebleeds and seen people having them but that didn't compare to the waterfall that trickled down the tree bark. Jonathan rose a brow and turned to the yells, dread filling him when he seen Josuke running beside his brother.