XXI

[Stardust Crusaders]
___

"Are you sure you don't want to come with us?" Polnareff asked as he leaned on the picnic table beside (Y/n), his two friends standing behind him with disappointed looks on their faces. Kakyoin wanted to desperately pull the older boy away from the girl out of pure pity for him but he found it kind of funny how (Y/n) tried to let him down easy. He doubted the other girls even cared to have an ounce of sympathy. Avdol watched with small smile while he waited for Polnareff to eventually get the hint and give up. "It's much better than sticking around with these guys."

(Y/n) could feel Diavolo's glare on her head, telepathically telling her that she shouldn't even think about leaving him and Kira behind while the blond remained indifferent about the whole thing although he cursed the silver haired teen in his head. "I don't know if I should leave them alone. Here. Without Joseph or anyone." She insisted as though she was talking about two dogs who weren't trusted enough to be left alone.

She was flattered that Polnareff was nice enough to ask her to hang out with him and his friends, they looked like a bunch of friendly people and they were also friends with Joseph's brother, Jotaro. Either her peers didn't see her in the same light or she clearly didn't go outside enough because the way everyone was treating her, it was like they genuinely found her attractive. She's seen Polnareff talking to other girls in the same way but it made her heart swell when she thought of people seeing her as a beautiful person.

Although, there was Joseph, who had acted on his feelings and kissed her back in the cabin earlier. That was new, she'd never done anything like that before with someone if the whole Diavolo thing didn't count. Bruno complimented her more than her own mother did but she figured that it was just in his nature as a kind person who cared about others.

"Don't fall for it, they'll drag you into their little cult meetings." Diavolo remarked when he seen Polnareff opening his mouth to continue soliciting the girl. The pink haired teen rested his head on his propped up arm and smirking at how his comment managed to get both Kakyoin and Avdol to frown.

The cherry haired boy crossed his arms, his eyes landing on Diavolo, "As far as I remember, that was Dio's thing." He countered and Polnareff chuckled at how quickly and easily the words came from his friend's mouth. (Y/n) shrunk back from the rising tension, slowly inching away from the table, her eyes going back and forth between Kakyoin, Diavolo and Polnareff. Avdol seemed to be staying out of the bickering for the most part and instead watched it happen.

"Why am I always finding you two arguing?" A deep voice came from behind (Y/n) making her jump at the closeness, her back colliding with a chest and a set of hands grabbing her shoulders to keep her a good distance away. She hesitantly looked over her shoulder to see who it is and was surprised to find Jotaro glaring at Polnareff and Diavolo.

It's been awhile since she had seen him after he had up and left during their conversation, albeit it had been mostly him asking about ghosts or something and her acting confused. She still couldn't understand if he was able to see Stands or not and if he could, then how?

"C'mon, Jotaro. I was only asking (Y/n) over there if she wanted to hang out with Kakyoin, Avdol and I when this asshole decided to stick his nose in our conversation." Polnareff argued as he pushed himself off the table and walking over to the younger teen. Jotaro had released her by then and she was quick to put a comfortable amount of distance between them.

Jotaro shook his head and mumbled something under his breath before glancing at the girl who stood a few feet away from him. He didn't know what made Polnareff want to spend time with her all of a sudden, it's not like she was social amongst everyone and the only way that he really knew her was because of Giorno's friend group.