XXXIV

[Rejected Humanity]
___

"Those damn Joestars, always have to screw up something, don't they?" Dio cursed as he stepped into the familiar clearing and stalked towards the figure standing in the circle that was in the center of it. His hands twitched then clenched into fists, his sharp nails piercing his skin and drawing blood that slipped between his fingers and fell to the ground. He was just about to have something good but they had figure everything out, he was going to have a problem-free life without any of those guys chasing after him but Diavolo had to get his way and told them about him.

The teen in the middle of the clearing heard Dio's grumbling and looked over their shoulder, finding him stomping towards them angrily. "Oh, Dio! I thought you weren't coming for a second there!" They exclaimed before their eyes widened at the sight of the blond's hands wrapping around their throat and sinking his fingers into their skin. Dio smirked as he drained the blood from the teen's body, the small itch that he had to consume the fluid disappearing while the person in front of him slumped over.

This could've been a new ally of his but he wasn't in the mood for charming another person when he was already caught by that damn family. Dio noticed that the teen stopped moving and rose a brow, using his thumb to lift their head up and finding that their eyes had lost the light that usually filled them when someone's heart was still beating and their lungs were still breathing. He clicked his tongue before letting their head fall back down then ripping his hands out from under their skin and releasing his hold on them.

"You can blame the Joestar brothers for your early demise, you could've been living a long life if they hadn't stuck their noses in other peoples business."

Dio disregarded the lifeless body that flopped to the ground as he walked by it to sit on a tree stump, crossing one leg over the other and staring at the area where he came through. They'd be here any moment to come and "punish" him for his actions but he'd be waiting.

_

(Y/n) could see the clearing through the trees and sped up, her hands pushing the twigs and bushes away without a care for the cuts that they created on her hands. Dio was so close, they could easily get him now, but he had a Stand that none of them were able to figure out. Unlike Diavolo's King Crimson or Yoshikage's Killer Queen, they weren't able to see any visible change unless Jonathan's fist suddenly changing direction was anything.

She used Genesis to slap away the last branch as she stepped into the opened space, breathing heavily from running all the way to it and she hunched over to catch her breath. Jonathan, Joseph, Jotaro and Will appeared a few seconds later and they skidded to a halt next to her, staring at the middle of the clearing. (Y/n) pushed her upper body up from its hunched over position and stood up straight to see the blond sitting on the tree stump without a care in the world, his leg crossed over the other and a raised brow. His nonchalance made Joseph and Jotaro glare at him and Jonathan clench his fists while (Y/n) observed the blond with Will.

"You finally decided to show up." Dio remarked as he slowly stood up from his seat, his smirk never leaving and his hands coming up to rest on his hips. "We've been waiting." The five were confused on the "we" part of the sentence but when Dio motioned over to dead body a few feet away from him, they seen that they were too late to save the latest victim of the vampire. (Y/n) felt her stomach churn and looked away, her hand coming up to cover her mouth while the brothers and Will shook their heads at how ruthless and unapologetic Dio was.

Jonathan stepped towards the blond with a desperate look on his face, a frown on his lips and his eyebrows pinched together. "Don't be like this, Dio! You can still stop this before it gets any worse!" He pleaded, everyone knowing that it was too late for any chance of a redemption from Dio, and although he tried to deter the vampire, he just scoffed and brushed the brown haired male off. Jonathan didn't want anything bad to happen to Dio, not when they were ready to do the worst, but he didn't know if he was ready to do the worst because he still thought of Dio as his brother.