XXIV

[Training]
___

Jonathan walked down the corridor of single, private bedrooms, his eyes reading the names on each of the doors to find the one he was looking for. He was where the older counselors would stay, away from the teenagers and able to have their own privacy unlike the others who'd share with people their age. The brown haired Joestar smiled when he found the familiar name and came to a stop in front of the wooden door, taking a reassuring breath in before raising his hand up to knock on it.

"Mr. Zeppeli? It's Jonathan, I was wondering if you would be willing to let me rant for a minute." He said to the man on the other side of the door, a small frown on his face as his mind wandered back to the interaction he had with Joseph. He was being targeted by Dio and wouldn't let him in on what was happening, him, his own brother and a counselor that had some sense of superiority over the blond at the camp.

Inside, Jonathan could hear a faint chatter come to a halt and felt bad that he had disrupted whatever conversation Will was having with someone. It wasn't long before footsteps were making their way over to the door, the doorknob turning as Zeppeli opened the door to reveal himself in his usual white pants and counselor shirt. The Italian smiled when he seen the boy while the other person in his room, who turned out to be Caesar, sent a nod to his friend's older brother.

"JoJo, I wasn't expecting you to be knocking at my door." Will chuckled as he stepped out of the way for the Joestar to enter, closing it behind him. Jonathan sighed and sat down on the chair next to Caesar with a troubled look on his face. The blond leaned back in his seat but silently wondered what was making the oldest Joestar son so unhappy, his eyes glancing at his relative to see if he could tell.

Will sipped the red wine that he was drinking just before the boy knocked on his door while Jonathan took a deep breath before looking at the two Zeppeli's, "Dio's been causing trouble again and Joseph and (Y/n) are his new target." He revealed making Caesar narrow his eyes with a scoff and Will cough on his beverage upon hearing his friend.

"Your brother's a rambunctious one, isn't he?" Will remarked and the sitting blond shook his head, leaning his head on his open palm. "He's a dumb one." Caesar corrected, getting a small scolding look from the older Zeppeli but not taking back what he said. Neither of them mentioned which son they were talking about and Jonathan noticed, either one of his siblings could fit the description of what they were saying.

Will seen how distressed the Joestar was and smiled reassuringly at the boy, "I'm sure Dio is just acting out again, he's been doing so since he arrived at your house." He attempted to calm Jonathan's doubts but he didn't seem to be effected by his words. Jonathan tightly clenched his fists before turning to look out the window behind him, you could see the whole camp from where he was but he still didn't see Dio anywhere.

Jonathan frowned then closed the curtains to block anyone from seeing in, "I don't think this year will be like the others, something is wrong with Dio and the rest of my family." He mentioned and the Zeppeli's rose a brow at how the boy was acting so paranoid. Usually he'd just brush Dio off or just focus on spending time with his brothers and cousins but this was really getting to him.

"How so?" Caesar asked making Jonathan raise his hand up to his neck, remembering how Dio pressed whatever it was he had against his neck so nonchalantly as if he were actually going to kill him. He didn't want to think bad of the Brando, he tried to be brothers with him when he was first adopted into the family, but he made it clear that he didn't want anything to do with him unless he gained something from it.

"I think Dio was going to kill me if I opened his curtains and I'm sure it was from him stealing the Stone Mask from my bag." He answered and Will's gaze hardened at the mention of the artifact, Caesar looking to his elder for an answer. He didn't know why his attitude changed so suddenly, Will didn't usually get serious about many things at summer camp unless someone was injured or missing.