XVII

[Dio Brando]
___

Giorno hid behind the outside wall of the girls cabin that (Y/n) was in, his head peaking out occasionally to check if the monitor was looking. He had seen her leave again and assumed that she'd be gone for a bit, leaving the coast clear enough to search through her bag and look for anything incriminating. Once the woman had left the door free, Giorno quickly slipping into the cabin and headed for the back where two empty beds were.

One look to the right side of the room told the blond that (Y/n)'s bed was the one on the left, the other bed having four bags underneath of it that weren't only more than the girl's he was looking for but the color was a bright bubblegum pink. It must've been Trish's selected bed but he didn't know where the pink haired girl was.

He slid the duffle bag out from under the bed then placed it on the covers to begin his search. Giorno unzipped the zipper as quietly as he could, wincing when the metal hit against itself after he let it go. He released a breath of relief when no one woke up and continued to push (Y/n)'s clothing out of the way to find the thing that might be making them see ghosts.

Giorno smirked and internally chuckled to himself when found the Walkman that she had been hiding away. Narancia wasn't the only sneak in the camp but he doubted that those two certainly weren't the only ones. He was broken out of his thoughts by the bathroom door opening a few feet away and light spilling in from the bathroom.

Trish yawned as she stepped out of the bathroom and walked back to her bed, her tired eyes glancing at (Y/n)'s to see if her friend had returned and smiled when she seen that she had. It didn't take long before she fell back sleep and began to snore softly again.

His body was tense, his arms wrapped tightly around the duffle bag that he was hugging close. Giorno was scared to look back to see if Trish had went back to bed, he'd be caught and she'd probably tell (Y/n) about him hiding in her bed. The blond sighed in relief once he heard the leveled out breathing coming from Trish and carefully crawled out from under the covers to carry on looking.

He frowned when there wasn't a single thing that could've pointed to (Y/n) being the cause of the apparitions. Giorno grabbed the other bag and rifled through it as well, nothing inside it that might've been able to cut Joseph, Bruno and Narancia like it did. (Y/n) was innocent, she wasn't the cause of these evil spirits.

Dio leaned against a rock with an attentive expression on his face as he watched the boy he dragged all the way here. From what his watch read, it was around 7 AM, which meant the sun would be rising in no time. He could see the bright ball of yellow peaking up over the horizon and the rays were shining through cracks of the trees.

The stone mask weighed down his jacket and every time he shifted, it would hit against his chest almost mockingly. He couldn't believe that Yoshikage and Diavolo would leave him like they did, especially when he finally found a way to take out the Joestar family. They were cowardly, thinking only of how to keep themselves a secret and live their lives without anyone knowing them. Dio wanted to teach JoJo and his friends a lesson in life, nothing in it was able to be solved with money and kindness.

Their lives couldn't be bought back after they were taken and wherever they ended up, he hoped they'd be able to see the look on his face when someone showed up to tell him that they were found dead.

Jonathan, Joseph, and Jotaro only ever knew how to live easy. Their father didn't force them to work or clean up after themselves, they were given everything they had on a silver platter. But when Dio arrived to wreak havoc on their family, they were treated more strictly and their punishments were harsher. Dio was a model son, adopted meaning nothing to George, while Jonathan was passed of as being childish and having to put on a mask around his own father. Joseph was regarded as an attention seeker because he's the middle child and never got any and Jotaro was just going through a long phase of being disobedient and rebelling against their father.