XV

[Brainstorm]
___

It was chilly that night, even with it being the middle of summer time, and (Y/n) wore a red knitted sweater and jeans instead of her tank top and shorts from earlier. She stood by Joseph and Josuke near the fire that was lit in the middle of the area that the Joestar family and friends met at.

"Isn't this nice? You're getting a proper welcoming into our family's tradition." Joseph joked, a smile on his face as he nudged her with his elbow. The girl was still down about what happened to Narancia and he's been trying to get her to lighten up about it all. (Y/n) nodded, smiling back but it disappeared a few moments later.

He frowned before sighing, "You're acting like Jotaro right now and it's irritating." Josuke snorted quietly at his cousin's words, Joseph hearing him and grinning, happy that someone had found his words funny.

"Don't start bad mouthing me just because I'm not around." A deep voice came from behind the trio, the three jumping at the sound of Joseph's youngest brother. (Y/n) felt a shiver go down her spine and it wasn't from the cold but intimidation from how mean he looked. She'd seen him around Jonathan and a few others but he wasn't the same when he was staring directly into your soul.

Joseph laughed nervously, "Jotaro! What a pleasant surprise, we were just talking about you." He noticed the blank look on Jotaro's face and quickly grabbed (Y/n) by her shoulders to put the attention on her. "This is (Y/n), I don't think you two have met yet! Now is a great time to get to know each other, c'mon Josuke." Josuke let himself get dragged away Joseph, sending the girl a sympathetic look as she was left alone with Jotaro.

The air was almost suffocating from the awkwardness, (Y/n)'s foot kicking the ground while Jotaro stared at her. "Do you want to go sit down somewhere or something?" She asked making the black haired boy grunt then nod in response. She took a deep breath before leading him over to a free spot and sitting across from him. Jotaro silently scrutinized her, waiting for the moment when the spirit would make its appearance. He needed it to manifest so he could ask her if she could see it like he could.

"So," (Y/n) began as she picked at her nails, attempting to ignore the hard stare directed at her. "You're Jonathan and Joseph's brother, right?" She wasn't really up for small talk and Jotaro didn't seem like the type of person that spoke much. Her eyes were suddenly drawn to the gold buttons on his jacket, the fire reflecting off of them catching her attention. She remembered that she had found his lost button that had disappeared during one of his stays.

Jotaro watched as the girl dug her hand into one of her pockets, his eyes narrowing when she pulled out a familiar gold button. It looked a little roughed up from being out in the mud for so long but it was definitely his. "How did you find this?" He interrogated, catching his long lost button when she tossed it to him. He'd gotten his father to replace it so it didn't matter much about what he did with it but it intrigued him on how she found it.

"You should thank Joseph, he found it, I just helped a bit." (Y/n) responded before turning her head to search for the middle Joestar son. He was grinning at something while talking animatedly to an annoyed looking Caesar, the blond glaring at the boy when he poked his cheek. She chuckled then turned her attention back to Jotaro, finding him examining the button that she had given to him.

Jotaro was quiet but (Y/n) found that it was just how he was and leaned her head on her hand as she waited for him. "Do you see those things following you and Bucciarati around?" He asked making her raise a brow in confusion, tilting her head and wanting him to continue. Internally, the girl was dying slowly from how screwed up the situation was. She was sure that there was way more Stand Users than everyone thought and now Jotaro was asking about the things following her and Bruno?