XL

[I Do' Wanna Know]
___

Abbacchio struggled to carry Mista all the way to their cabin, stumbling up the hill and almost tripping on a few rocks that were on the path. Not only that but he was writhing in pain and making it harder to walk without almost dropping him back on the ground.

"Could you stop squirming? I can't carry you if you don't!" Leone snapped while fixing Mista's position in his arms, the boy grabbing his neck where the arrow had sunk into him. "Work with me here, Mista. The sooner we get you to the cabin, the sooner you'll feel better." He sighed before he finally made it to their cabin but he quickly found that he wouldn't be able to open the door. Abbacchio glared at the door in annoyance then looked around the area, leaning back to see past the post that was in his way.

He adjusted Mista to have a tighter grip on him before he lifted his foot and sent it flying forward, kicking the door but the thing not opening like he thought it would. "God, why are you so damn complicated!" Leone cursed before he repeated his action, stumbling when his foot went crashing through the door instead of opening the entire thing. "Shit! What the hell!" He realized his mistake after he lost his balance and was sent crashing down to the ground, a groan leaving him when he landed.

Luckily, Mista didn't get anymore hurt but he seemed to be getting better as he pushed himself up on Abbacchio's chest, the teen grunting when Mista put all of his weight on him. "Abbacchio? What are you doing, man?" He asked upon seeing his friend's foot through the door of their cabin, his eyebrows pulled together in confusion.

"You're supposed to kick near the door handle, not the center." A bemused sounding voice came from behind them and they looked up, finding Bruno with a confused and amused expression on his face. "But I don't quite know why you'd be trying to kick in the door of your own cabin." Abbacchio shook his head while he gently pushed Mista off of him to sit up, rubbing his back that harshly hit the ground.

Mista felt a draft on his chest and looked down, his head tilting when he found that his shirt was gone. "Where'd my shirt go? And why is my neck hurting?" He questioned making Bruno look to him, his blue eyes landing on the noticeable arrow shaped object under his skin and traveling down his arm.

"Mista, do you not feel that?" Bruno interrogated as he walked closer to the teen and ran his fingers over the arrow that pushed through his skin. Mista followed Bruno's gaze and his eyes widened at the sight of the arrow, raising his arm to see it better. How did that get under his skin? He was just looking at that a few minutes ago, he didn't remember it stabbing him. And how could it move like that without anything pushing or pulling it.

The boy could feel a pressure where it was but the real pain came from the bloody cut on his neck where it must've entered his body through, the blood from it trailing down his arm and chest. "I-I do but how did it get under there?!" He panicked while Abbacchio grabbed his arm and glared down at mark that it made.

"I told you not to touch that thing but you just had to ignore me, didn't you?" Leone grumbled and Mista smiled nervously with a small chuckle, rubbing the back of his neck. "Bucciarati, do you know what this is?" He asked making Bruno frown but nod, his eyes looking down at the bandage that covered his own wound from the arrow.

"Unfortunately," Bruno remarked as he pulled his hand away and stepped back from Mista, rubbing his thumb over the gauze that wrapped around his hand. "It'll be hard to explain but I'll try to do my best." He ushered the two inside the empty cabin, being mindful of Mista in case the arrow decided to leave his body, and closed the broken door behind them.

_

The three sat at a picnic table that overlooked the lake that was full of kids and teenagers, frowns of disappointment on their faces.