XII

[Phantom Blood]
___

It didn't take long for Dio to find Jonathan's bag and it took even less time for him to find the item of his interest. He smirked as he pulled the Stone Mask out from under a few pairs of shorts, holding it up to look at it. If the giant was smart enough, he'd at least wipe his blood off of it to make it look just a little bit nicer.

"Jonathan Joestar stealing? How scandalous." Dio mumbled to himself while swiping the drops of blood away from the rough exterior of the mask. He remembered seeing the way it reacted to blood when him and Jonathan got into a fight, he assumed that it got the boy's interest because it certainly got his.

He gripped the mask before tucking it into his vest, putting Jonathan's bag back where he found it, then left the bedroom. It was almost too easy stealing from the Joestar's, he already had the head of the family wrapped around his finger so much that he doesn't believe his kids when they try to warn him. Although Jonathan liked to believe he was winning, Dio was the real winner in this war.

"I can't believe you guys have cool Stands and abilities but I have nothing but...this." (Y/n) motioned to Genesis, the being too busy looking at a creepy crawly on the ground to acknowledge her. It lifted a small caterpillar onto its finger and went back over to her, holding it out for her to see. She shivered at the faint feeling of it on her finger and quickly got her Stand to put it down, "I felt that thing crawling on my finger."

Joseph rolled his eyes at her dramatics, "Boo-hoo, at least Genesis can invoke some fear into your opponents. Hermit Purple can predict the future but is as threatening as Jonathan." He seen Bruno smile out of the corner of his eye, finding it odd when he wasn't happy about something other than his group of friends.

They walked back into the clearing that had a few people lingering around with their friends. (Y/n) spotted Jonathan standing with the boy that Joseph was yelling at earlier, the two talking although the older of them seemed to be the only one doing so. Abbacchio and Fugo were sitting by the lake with Narancia and Mista being nowhere to be found but she assumed that they were with Giorno.

"Joseph! Where on Earth were you?" A new voice called and the three of them turned their heads to see who was looking for Joseph. Another blond kid with a mullet was running towards them and (Y/n) wondered who's friend this was. He stopped in front of the brown haired Joestar with a worried look on his face. "Jonathan, Will and I have been looking everywhere for you. Bucciarati, I didn't think I'd find you with him!"

Joseph glanced at the two with him then turned his body to face the fair blond, "I was just taking a walk with Bruno and (Y/n), Speedwagon. Why were you guys so worried?" He asked making Speedwagon lean in to whisper something to him before nodding his head, his eyes flickering to the counselor and girl as he started to head back over to Jonathan and Jotaro.

Bruno and (Y/n) rose a brow at the odd behavior and waited for Joseph to explain what happened. The teen stared at the trio, his eyes wide, "Oh my god." He breathed out in disbelief as the girl turned her head to Bruno with a concerned face. He shared the same expression, his eyes going between her and Joseph.

"What is it, Joseph? What did Speedwagon say?" Bruno questioned the boy while (Y/n) waited for him to say anything back. He assumed the worst and thought that something happened to one of his family members that were here, silently hoping that nothing had harmed them, especially not Giorno.