Ch. 4

This chapter is a lot of back and forth conversation. So it looks really long, but it really isn't. 

I wake up and see that Aaron is still here. I look at my phone and see that it is 10 AM and Emma has called me 3 times. I also see that Emma texted me too.

Emma- I need to talk to you

Emma- I'm coming over

Emma- I really need to see you please answer

Oh shit. "Aaron. Aaron get up. Emma is on her way." "What?" he asks all sleepy. He is so cute when he is sleepy. "Emma is on her way. Did you drive here?" "Yeah." "You need to move your car. You can move it into the driveway behind my house." "Okay." Aaron gets up, grabs his keys, and moves his car to my driveway. When he gets inside I see Emma pull up to my house. "Shit, Emma is here. You can hide in my parent's room." "Okay," he says, kisses me and runs to my parent's room. Right as he closes the door Emma walks in really upset. "Hey, what's wrong?" "I think something happened to Aaron." "What do you mean?" "My mom told me to keep an eye on him because when he goes out with his friends he stays out really late. My mom wants me to make sure that he gets home at a reasonable time. I woke up and noticed that he wasn't home so I got nervous." "Wait don't you hate him?" "I don't hate my brother. I love him and I want him to be safe. I just wish he would answer his phone. I wonder where he is." "He is probably closer than you think." "What?" "Nothing. If you want I can call him." "Yes, can you." "Yeah, but can you get me some Starbucks. I literally just woke up." "Um. Yeah can I use your card." "Yeah, let me get it." I get my wallet and give Emma my debit card. She gets in her car and drives off. Once I don't see her car anymore I run to my parent's room and see Aaron sitting on the bed. "Hey, she's gone. She is getting me Starbucks, so we have about 15 minutes." "Okay." "Are you okay?" I ask and sit on his lap. "Yeah, I just don't understand why my mom would have Emma look after me. I'm 18." "I think your mom just cares about you and wants you to be safe. I would want you to be safe too." "Yeah, I guess you're right," he says with a smile on his face. I cup his face and move it so he is looking at me. "I am glad that you have a sister and parents that care so much about you." "I only care about having an amazing girlfriend that cares about me just as much." "Well, you're lucky because you have that," I say and kiss him. "Okay, you got to get out of here. I will walk you to your car and if you leave anything I guess you are going to have to come back." "I guess I'm going to have to leave something here. I'll call you tonight." "Okay," I say and kiss him again. We walk to his car and we kiss one last time. I watch him drive off and then go back inside. I go upstairs and look to see if he left anything. Unfortunately, he didn't, but I know that he will be back. Emma walks in with my tea and I walk down the stairs. "Did you talk to him?" "Yeah I texted him and asked where is was and if he was okay. He texted back and said he was fine." "That idiot. Why would he text you back, but not me?" All of a sudden Emma's phone buzzes and she says, "He just texted me back. It says, 'I'm home. Sorry, I accidentally fell asleep at Adam's house and didn't realize what time it was.' Well, Aaron is safe. I guess I should go home. Here's your card. I am going to go kill him." "Stay safe." Emma leaves and I decide to call Hailey, one of mine and Emma's friends, to tell her what's up.

Hailey: Hey what's up.

Me: I have to tell you something and you have to promise that you won't tell Emma.

Hailey: Um. Why can't I tell her?

Me: You just can't because it has to do with her.

Hailey: Okay.

Me: Hailey, I am trusting you with everything.

Hailey: Okay. I promise I won't tell Emma or anyone else.

Me: Okay so um. I have a boyfriend.

Hailey: OMG! Really?! Why wouldn't you want me to tell Emma?