Ch. 12

I wake up at 11 o'clock to a text from Emma.

Emma- Hey Aaron is going to be gone for 2 weeks. Do you guys want to spend the night tonight?

Hailey- I'm down. Sounds fun.

Me- Let's do it. What time?

Emma- You can come whenever you want.

Hailey- I will be there in 30 minutes.

Me- I just woke up so I might get there in an hour.

Emma- Okay. No rush. Just get here when you can.

Right as I read the text from Emma, I get a text from Aaron.

Aaron♡- Hey, we just got to Sacramento. I miss you.

Me-I miss you too.

Aaron♡- What are you doing today?

Me- Emma invited me and Hailey to spend the night at your house.

Aaron♡- Fun. I wish I was there with you, but I think Adam is ready to have some guy time.

Me- I get it. Hailey is ready to have some girl time and Emma thought I was with my cousin this week.

Aaron♡- Your cousin, really?!

Me- Yes really.

Me- She lives like an hour away so we don't see each other too much, but every year I go visit her and this year I have been, "visiting" her a lot.

Aaron♡- Smart. We just got to a restaurant for lunch. I'll call you later.

Me- I'm going to be with Emma, so if I don't answer it's because of her, but when she goes to sleep I'll call you.

Aaron♡- Ok. I'll talk to you later. I love you.

Me- I love you too.

Aaron♡- <3

Me- <3

I put my phone down and go downstairs to eat breakfast. I sit on the couch and watch Bob's Burgers while I eat my cereal. Once my bowl is empty, I turn off the TV and go pack. I pack my black bikini, my pajamas, and a change of clothes. Once everything is packed I make sure that everything is locked up and that no one can get in. I also check and make sure nothing is on that can catch on fire. Once my house is locked up and safe I grab my stuff and go to my car. I notice that my car is low on gas so fill it up and then head to Emma's.

I get to Emma's and Hailey opens the door. "Hey, Emma is in the bathroom. So how was last night?" "It was so much fun. We did some stuff I can't really say." "Oh my gosh! Sarah! What are you going to do without him for 2 weeks?" "Hang out with you guys I guess." "Wow, I feel loved." "Oh, come on." We both laugh and then Hailey asks, "When are you going to tell her?" "Well, Aaron and I are going to talk when he comes back and see when he thinks the best time would be." "Knowing him, he is going to say 'whenever you think is the right time.'" "Your probably right, but I still want to make sure he is okay with me telling her." "Who's okay with telling who what?" Emma asks coming out of the bathroom. I look at Hailey and say, "Um. If Hailey is okay with me telling Adam she likes him." "What?!" Hailey and Emma both say at the same time. "Hailey, you have a crush on Adam!" "Apparently." "Oh my gosh! You should tell him!" "I don't think that's a good idea." "Well I know for a fact that Adam likes you." "You do?" I ask. "Yeah. Aaron told me." "Makes sense," I say back, knowing that Adam and Hailey both do not like each other. "We should call him tonight. They will probably get to the lake house around dinner and we can call them later tonight." "That sounds like a terrible idea," Hailey says with her eyes big. "Why? If you both like each other you should tell him." "Fine. I'll call him tonight." "OMG yay!" Hailey looks at me for help and I give her a look telling her that I got this. "I'm going to put my bathing suit on and get in the pool. You guys want to join me," I say, changing the topic. "Yes, I'm in," Emma says. "Me too." The 3 of us go up to change and when Emma goes downstairs to get towels and make lemonade Hailey and I call Aaron.

Aaron: Hey, how are you?

Me: Hey, I'm good. So, we kind of have a problem. You're on speaker phone by the way and Emma is downstairs.

Hailey: We have a huge problem

Aaron: Okay, what did you guys do?
Me: Well Hailey and I were talking about you, but didn't use your name and Emma overheard me say, "I still want to make sure he is okay with me telling her."

Aaron: Okay.

Me: Emma asked, "Who's okay with telling who what?" I panicked and said that Hailey had a crush on Adam.

Aaron: Oh my gosh.

Me: Yeah, so one thing led to another and Emma said Hailey is calling Adam to tell him how she feels. So, Hailey and I came up with the plan to call you and let you know what's going on so you can tell Adam.

Aaron: Good plan, but there is one problem.

Hailey: What is it?

Aaron: He may or may not want to do that.
Hailey: Why?

Aaron: Hold on let me ask.

We hold for a few seconds and Aaron comes back and says,

Aaron: He's on board with the plan.

Hailey: Oh, thank goodness

Aaron: He wants to know if he is rejecting her or not.

Hailey: That's up to him. He can surprise me. I will call him from my phone.

Aaron: Okay. What time are you guys going to call?

Me: We will probably call some time tonight. I'll keep you posted.

Aaron: Okay. Just text me when you're ready.
Me: Thank you so much. I love you.

Aaron: I love you too.

Me: I'll call you tonight. Have fun on the rest of the car ride.

Aaron: Can't wait. Thanks.

Me: Bye.

Aaron: Bye, babygirl.

We hang up the phone and go downstairs. I love that Aaron and Adam are going with the plan just to trick Emma. I need to tell her soon, but I don't want to do it until Aaron gets home.