Ch. 41

"5...4...3...2...1... Happy New Year!!!!" Everyone yells. Aaron, Emma, Jacob, and I are all in the media room watching Home Alone. At midnight, we pause the movie and look at each other. "Happy New Year, guys," Aaron says. "Happy New Year," we all say in return. "Happy New Year, Sadie." "Happy New Year, Aaron." We then kiss and I sink into it. When we pull apart Jacob and Emma are kissing. They pull apart and look at us. "What the hell?!" Aaron says. I know he isn't mad, but his voice made him sound mad. "Are you guys dating?" I ask. "Yeah, kind of." Emma and Jacob say at the same time. "When did that happen?" I ask. "About 10 minutes ago," Emma says. "Oh My Gosh!!! I'm so happy for you!" I was so excited. I looked at Aaron and he was looking at Jacob. "Aaron, what do you think?" Jacob asks kind of nervous. "I'm happy for you guys. Just don't hurt her or I will hurt you. That's my sister." "I promise I won't hurt her or cheat on her, like you." Aaron is not happy with that statement. I just start laughing and Aaron puts his arm around me. I kiss his jawline and he grabs my thigh. We start the movie back up again and I cuddle up to Aaron. I am so happy I decided to forgive him. I love him so much and I know he deserves a second chance.

Aaron looks at me, noticing that I am looking at him, and kisses my forehead. We watch the movie for a little longer. "Oh my gosh! I almost forgot!" Arron says out of nowhere. "What?" I ask. "Your Christmas present." I was not expecting a Christmas present from him at all. Aaron then gets up and goes to his room. He comes back with a box that is wrapped and has a bow on it. "Why did you get me a present?" "I actually got it a while ago and was going to give it to you for homecoming, but then we took a break, so I think it is only right that I give you the present now since Christmas past." "Aww, Aaron, that's so cute." Emma says with Jacob's arm wrapped around her. I open the wrapping paper and see a box. I open the box and see a beautiful necklace with the date Aaron and I started dating on it. A tear rolls down my cheek. I stand up and give him a hug. "I love it so much. Thank you." "You're welcome. I love you so much." "I love you too." I lightly kiss him and he says, "Turn around, I'll put it on you." I turn around and move my hair. The cold metal of the necklace hits my skin and it looks gorgeous. Aaron finished putting it on me and I turn back around. I kiss him and he kisses me back. "Sarah, are you ready to go?" My mom asks as she walks in while Aaron and I are hugging. "Oh, I'm sorry." "It's okay, Mrs. Matthews." "Oh, did I forget to tell you? Sarah, we were going to have a sleepover tonight with Aaron and Jacob if you want to join." "Mom, can I stay?" my mom looks at me, then Aaron, then Jacob, and then Emma. "Sure. Just no funny business you two." My mom says looking right at me and Aaron. "Thank you, mom." "Wait, what about clothes?" "She can wear some of mine," Emma says. "Okay. I'll see you tomorrow." "Bye, mom." I look at Aaron and smile. This is the first time I have spent the night at the Coleman's since Aaron and I started our break.