47.

July 9th, 2020

Ben

"What do you want to eat?" Ally asked, walking around the kitchen.

"I don't know." I respond with a shrug.

"Shrimp and Grits." She said.

I furrow my brows. "That's new."

"Yeah." She said. "I didn't want to wake up Oscar, so I'm going to cook for you."

She yawned, slugging her way through the kitchen.

"Did you sleep last night?" I ask her.

She shrugs. "I don't even know anymore. The whole night was a blur to me."

"Why is that?"

She shrugs again, wiping at her eyes. "Thinking. Momming."

I frown at her answer. She starts cooking and I just watch her. I don't know how much sleep she got last night, but the last thing I need her doing is hurting herself while cooking.

I watch her cook for an hour, before handing me a bowl with the food in it. She puts the dishes in the sink and starts washing them.

"I heard you talking last night." I say, eating my food.

"I thought you were asleep." She said.

"I was."

"So how did you hear me talking?" She asked.

"You do know you were in my ear, right?" I chuckle.

She shakes her head, rinsing out the pans and stuff.

"I guess I was intent on making sure you heard me." She shrugged. "Or maybe you were just being nosy."

I laugh at that. "No I wasn't being nosy. I was genuinely asleep, but you were talking into my ear."

"Mmm."

I grin as she finishes with the dishes. She walks over toward the refrigerator, pouring me a glass of orange juice.

"Thank you." I thank her.

"You're welcome." She responds, putting the juice back in fridge.

She starts walking toward the stairs.

"I'm gonna go shower and get Liam ready. By then we'll be ready to go." She said.

I nod, watching her walk up the stairs. As she does what she's doing, I continue eating my food. This meal does things to me man. The cheese blends with the grits perfectly, with the perfect amount of pepper and Shrimp. It was *chefs kiss*.

While I'm putting the dishes into the sink, she's coming down the stairs with Liam on her hip.

"Whatever you did to them Grits, got me as full as Liam when he's milk drunk." I exclaim.

She laughs, handing Liam to me. I kiss his cheek, holding him to me.

"Hey little man." I rub his back, listening to him coo. "How's my mini-me?"

As I talk to him in baby talk, Ally is prancing around the kitchen for something to eat. Then she's walking me out to the car. I follow behind, getting Liam situated in his seat.

Ally sat in the drivers seat and I got into the passenger seat.

"I think I'm gonna take Lola to get a wash today." She said, buckling herself up.

"I don't see why." I shrug. "She looks pretty good to me."

"Do you not see the specks of dust on the hood?" She exclaimed, pointing it out to me.