39.

March 8th, 2020

Ben

I stand beside the van waiting on Ally's arrival with my brother Sean. I was glad I had convinced her to come to Philly for the time being.

As soon as the jet landed, I perk up. It's been a minute. I wait for her to get off the plane, and when she does, she's holding Liam's car seat in her right hand and one of her bags in her left. I watch as two more guys come off the plane, carrying a few more of her bags.

The guys head my way first, going to put everything in the van. I walk up to Ally as she begins to make her way over to the van as well.

"Welcome back." I greet.

"Ugh." She groans, probably rolling her eyes behind her shades.

I chuckle, taking in her fit. She out here swagged out and shit.

 She out here swagged out and shit

"You look good. Definitely don't look like you just had a baby." I compliment.

"I'm flattered." She replied in sarcasm.

I shake my head and grab Liam's car seat from her. I turn and lead the way to the van.

"When did you get a private van?" She asked when we reached it.

"August." I respond.

I turn to face her and she nods at me. I place the car seat on one of the cream colored leather seats. She places the bag, which I now know is the baby bag, onto the floor of the van. I stand behind her as she puts the seat in. I just admire her work ethic because what more is there to do. This is the mother of my child.

After she gets the seat in, she picks up the bag and takes the seat beside it. One of the guys gives me a thumbs up and I nod. I get into the van, along with Sean, and let the driver know that we're ready to go.

"Ally, this is my brother Sean." I introduce her to Sean. She waves at him. "Sean, this is Ally."

Sean nods and gives her a small smile. It went back to being silent after a while. I clear my throat to avoid the awkward tension arising.

"How was your flight?" I ask.

"Long." Ally replied.

"Did you sleep?"

"For like...10 minutes."

"You mean to tell me, out of the entire 6 hours, you slept for 10 minutes?"

She gave me a look that could burn my insides.

"Ask your son why I only slept for 10 minutes. Or at least that's what it feels like." She exclaimed in aggravation.