17.

Ally

"That kiss was all him, so I couldn't really understand why he was upset. It's not like I initiated it." I explain. "I was highly upset that he'd blown me off after that. But I should've expected it."

"How did things work out during sex after this encounter?" Molly asked.

"Not much was said. It was simply just sex." I reply.

She nods. "How did you find out about Kendall?"

"You know guys and their locker room talk." I frown. "The boys were talking about Ben having Kendall finally come to a game and his excitement about it. Ben was trying to shush them and laugh it off nervously, but I'd already heard what I needed to hear."

"I didn't talk or associate with him of any kind for the rest of the day because I was so pissed. He took notice in that and immediately tried to talk to me, but I wasn't hearing it."

I give a half smirk, half chuckle. That man really did a number on me.

"Molly, I really want nothing more than to go back in time and redo this entire thing. Because he got me all the way fucked up. And I'm so mad about that." I explain.

She nods in understanding.

"Maybe things would be better had I never met him." I say.

* * *

Ally dreadfully walked back to the locker room, still in a daze about what had happened only 10 minutes ago. Her and Ben had broke two of their rules. Then he selfishly took his frustrations out on her. Ally thought it wasn't fair.

When she finally reached the locker room, all of the players were there, getting themselves ready to warm up. Ally walked straight to the equipment management's office, not bothering to spare a glance at any of the guys. It's not like they noticed her anyway because they were too busy talking about other things.

When she got into the office, she sat down in one of the chairs by the desk. She didn't say a word because there was nothing she needed to say.

"Ally?" She heard.

She looked up to see her boss, Jaxon, looking down at her.

"Yes sir?" She asked, her voice void of all emotion.

"You alright?" He asked, concern lacing his voice. "You look spaced out."

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking." Ally replied.

She wasn't lying; she really was thinking. Thinking about her kiss with Ben after they had sex. If it had meant something for him to react the way he did. She'd be lying if she said the butterflies in her stomach didn't leave her wanting more, but she just couldn't have that.

His plump lips moving in sync with hers, their bodies clashed together, his strong arms holding her in place. His presence as a whole would automatically shift her mood. She wanted to be around him more often than she could.

"What are you thinking about?" Jaxon asked, very curious as to what had his best worker so distracted.

Ally pondered the answer to his question for a little while, before just coming to the conclusion that he didn't really have to know.

"Nothing really." Ally replied. "Nothing important at least."

Jaxon frowned but nodded. He didn't want her to think he was purposely intruding in her business. Not that'd she mind or anything. She had everything to hide, but nothing at the same time.

Soon the game was starting and Ally was sitting with the rest of the Sixers personnel. She watched the boys go back and forth, score after score, foul after foul, timeout after timeout. It was quite the headache.

She watched as the clock winded down til halftime, more than ready to go back to the locker room and get a drink of water. As soon as that buzzer chimed, she was on her way to the locker room.

Ben walked right past her, his sweaty arm brushing hers. Ally was set to side eye him, but he was already past her. Frowning, she continued the walk to the locker room, as well as wonder what had gotten into him.

* * *

"I should've known it was a trap the second he started talking to me. Something deep inside of me knew he was no good." I exclaim. "But of course my dumbass ignored that little voice."

Molly nodded again, a small grin on her face.

"Well you know that now." She said.

"Of course. When it's too late." I say.

"What do you think you're going to do better from now on?" She asked.

"Always listen to my gut. No longer ignore that little voice in my head." I reply.

She nods.

"I can't help but think about the future." She said. "If you run into him, what do you think you'll say?"

"Nothing." I shrug. "He doesn't deserve to hear from me."

She frowns at that answer, but nods her head in understanding.

"I'm done crying over him and wanting him to feel for me the way I did for him. It's too late for that." I say. "I'm over it."

"What if he admitted to you that he loved you too?" She asked.

I scoffed. "As if."

"You'll never know." She said. "He could've felt the same, that's why he started acting weird."

I was interested at that point. "What do you mean?"

"It's very common for that to happen. When two people create a physical attachment to each other, and emotions get involved, their behavior starts to change because they don't know how to go about it the right way." She explained. "Maybe Ben loved you but just didn't know how to go about it. And remember, at this time he was on and off with Kendall."

I purse my lips.

"So maybe, just a tiny bit, he felt like he could find comfort in you when he was up in the air with Kendall." She explains further. "And at that time, he began falling in love as well. Who knows, he might've felt it sooner than that."

I look down and fiddle with my fingers, looking at my baby bump as well.

I don't need my head filled with anymore fantasy shit.