45.

April 29th, 2020

Ally

After the intense workout I just endured, I found myself jogging the block. When I finished with that, I was right back in the house making myself a protein shake. Then I was on my way upstairs to make sure Liam's sleep wasn't interrupted.

I had showered and changed into more comfortable clothing; pink sweatshirt, black leggings and black ankle socks. I had my hair out in its natural curls. As I'm going back downstairs, I finish up the last of my shake and go to wash out my bottle.

I make my way to the game room, where I find Ben with a headset on. He was talking on the game system when I placed my hand on his shoulder, making him aware of my presence. I straddle his lap, allowing him to reconnect his hands behind my back.

Sighing into his neck, I begin to relax. I missed being in his arms. It's been a little over four hours since I was.

About 30 minutes go by before he's taking off the headset and placing the controller down. He rubs my back and I groan.

"How was your workout and run?" He asked.

I sit up. "It was okay. The usual."

"Do you think you're finally reaching your goals?" He moves a strand of hair out of my eye.

I nod, giggling. "I don't have much of a choice. I have to fight for what I want."

"At least you know. It don't come free." He said.

I shake my head at him. I hold his head in my hands, kissing his lips.

"I missed you though." I grip his beard lightly.

"What's not to miss?" He grins.

I narrow my eyes and he laughs. He kisses me back, patting my butt.

"I missed you too." He said.

I stand up off his lap.

"I'm starving." I exclaim, walking out of the room.

"What do you want to eat?" He asked.

I shrug. "Something small because dinner is soon."

"Hot Pocket?" He asked.

"That sounds good." I say.

I go to the kitchen, getting ready to heat up a hot pocket. It may be small but it's quite fulfilling. Besides, I'm supposed to be eating right now anyway.

After I put it into the microwave, I sit on the counter and wait. Ben comes into the kitchen, making himself something to eat.

"I feel like we're supposed to talk about something serious. But I don't know how you would feel about that." He said.

"Such as?" I kick my feet gently.

He's quiet for a minute. Then he speaks up. "Marriage." He shrugs.

I feel my stomach churn. "Ben."

He turns to face me. "Hear me out-"

"Benjamin."

"Five seconds." He pleads.

I roll my eyes.

"Now I know we don't have to be together to co-parent, but we already went through the I love you's and such. So why not move forward?" He explained.

"For starters, you just asked me to be your girlfriend. I already gave you my hesitation on that, did I not?" I say.

"Yeah." He frowned.