37.

March 6th, 2020

Ally

I sat on the couch, bouncing Liam gently. I was currently up watching the Suns play the Trailblazers at Talking Stick tonight. Yes, I said tonight. Yes, that means Liam is still wide awake. Over the course of the week, I was able to find a few of his likes and dislikes, but there isn't much because he's still a newborn. On the bright side, the Suns are winning.

I yawn, so ready to hit the sack. Liam has been sleeping through the night, and the day, fairly well. That's expected from a newborn. He'll wake up at the oddest times though. Like the other day, he woke up at 2:38AM. His small whimpers weren't hard to miss, considering I'd been on a small sleep schedule as of late. Sleep comes in small doses these days.

I had done a bit of research, where most of the moms out there say to sleep when the baby sleeps. And considering that I've been nothing but tired since I bought him home, its been a big help. So to conclude this, Liam and I have been doing pretty good.

I look down at him, to see him looking up at me.

"What should we talk about today Liam?" I ask.

He yawns.

"You wanna talk about sleep?" I tease.

If he could answer me, he'd probably say hell nah. So I leave him be on that topic. I look up at the TV screen to see the game was almost over. There's about 4 minutes left in regulation.

"You know, when I started working with your fathers team, I had no idea my life would come to this. Being a single mother, which is common in America now more than it ever was." I comment, looking down at him again. He blinked in response. "Sorry."

He blinked again and yawned, continuing to look at me.

"I was naive to think that what we were doing was okay. I pushed away my best friend, who is your aunt...she just doesn't know you yet. I ran back home to get away from my problems because I knew the amount of stress would be too much to bear. I told your father not to chase after me because he had hurt me, really bad. And guess what happened?" I exclaim. "He did the exact opposite. Even though he didn't know I was in Phoenix, he somehow found his way right back to me."

"He confesses his love for me, then tries to get me to move back to Philadelphia with him. Sounds like a damn Shakespeare play, doesn't it?" I ask.

I snicker to myself, thinking about how ironic the entire situation is. Liam blinks again.

"You come into my life and now my entire world has been flipped upside down...as if it wasn't when your father and I first started hooking up. Just to let you know, you're not dating anyone until you're 30. I mean it." I stress, pointing a finger at him.

He grabs ahold of my finger, looking at it. I give a small smile.

"It's going to be hard for girls to resist you, especially if you do end up looking like your father. So you're going to have to make a choice; you can either hoe around for the first 20 or so years of your life, which I do not recommend at all. Or you could settle down at a reasonable age, 30, and go from there." I explain.

I watch as he blinks tiredly at me. I look up at the screen again, to see the game is over. The Suns won 117-127. I look back down at Liam.

"Who am I kidding? You're going to grow up, make your own decisions, and be the best person you can be. I'll do my best to mold you into that person." I promise.

He started to drift off and that's when I knew he was tapped out. I bounce him for a little bit more, before standing up off the couch and walking to the room. I kiss his forehead, then lay him down in his crib.