20.

March 28th, 2019

Ally turned off the sink in her attached bathroom, groaning at the sound of loud knocking on her apartment door. She didn't know what the hell possessed people to be knocking on her door like a banshee. And she had just woken up on top of that...well ten minutes ago but she was still very tired.

Sluggishly making her way to the front door, she didn't even bother looking through the peep hole. Swinging the door open harshly, she glared at the being on the opposite side of the threshold murderously. Her murderous glare turned into a curious one shortly after.

"Ben? Why are you here?" She asked. "And knocking on my door like an idiot?"

"I figured I'd come see you since you don't know how to answer your phone." Ben had replied, his eyes taking in the black spaghetti strap tank top, no bra, gray pajama shorts and messy bun. Damn, she even made waking up in the morning look good.

Leaning against the doorframe of her apartment door, Ally cursed under her breath before crossing one pedicured foot over the other and her arms over her chest.

"The real reason you're here Ben." Ally pressed, knowing that she was ignoring him on purpose.

"Why are you ignoring me Ally?" He asked.

"I think you know the answer to that already." She retorted, wanting to know what other bullshit excuse he had for her.

Ben licked his lips and sighed before speaking up. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you about Kendall."

Ally chuckled in amusement. "That's a very believable apology."

Ben frowned.

"Were you ever going to tell me? Or were you just going to continue pulling my strings?" Ally questioned.

Ben looked down at her, trying to figure out what his answer would be to that question.

"If I had mentioned anything about it, you would've cut the deal short." He replied.

"You're damn right." She exclaimed. "You shouldn't have made this deal in the first place Ben."

Ben pursed his lips.

"How long have you two been together?" Ally asked the question that gnawed at her the most.

Ben chewed the corner of his lower lip and tucked his hands into his jeans pockets. "10 months."

Ally scoffed at that, unfolding her arms and legs. "Goodbye Ben." She exclaimed, getting ready to close the door in his face.

"We've been on and off." Ben spoke up, stopping the door with his hand. "Distance issues."

"Or just the fact that you can't keep your dick in your pants." Ally fumed.

"Ally." Ben pleaded.

"As much as I've enjoyed our time together, I think it's time we call it quits." Ally stated bluntly.

"No." Ben replied.

"I don't give a damn what you say." She argued.

Ben opened the door, which pushed her back a bit. He closed the door behind him, towering her small frame.

"You don't make the rules." He said.

"I'm changing them." She retorted.

"On whose terms?" He asked.