A letter from the prince (part 2)

(Hey guys before you get into this imagine I just wanted to let you know that these two part imagines "a letter from the prince" are sneak peaks of a new story that is coming soon. I thought I'd share them here since Lestat is involved in it. Enjoy!)

You and Caspian arrived at the chateau de Lioncourt, and immediately entered the great hall where the council was waiting. Lestat stood up from his throne, "Y/N, you got my letter, excellent." He said. He then turned to Caspian and nodded at him as a way of thanking him. "Your grace what is the meaning of this?" You asked. "Y/N how many times have I told you to call me Lestat?" You sighed. "My apologies Lestat, I did not wish to be rude in front of the council."  "Yes I am aware, please.." he gestured for you to have a seat. Once you took your place at the table Lestat began to explain the meaning of the message. He explained that a young woman had found evidence of the remains of queen akasha, claiming that her soul was not at rest and it had been restless. And it was going to take more than one vampire to put her to rest.

He had chosen you and Caspian to find the woman who discovered the remains, to work with her on the case as he put it. Lestat said he would do it himself but it would only make things worse. That you could understand, but why he chose you of all vampires you didn't understand. But then he reminded you that you were more patient with mortals while others were not. Caspian had pointed out that he knew the shores of California very well and it was her last known location. It did take some convincing but you finally gave in and choose to take on the mission.

It was not long until you and Caspian found the woman you had been looking for, and for some reason Caspian couldn't take his eyes of her. She introduced herself as Riley, who then told you everything she knew.