Wounded

"Find The Princes Son!" commanded one of the guards. All searched for the son of Prince Lestat, Viktor de Lioncourt. "My lord!" called one of the men, their leader came running towards him. Knelt beside the body of the prince's son, or what they thought was the princes son. "This is no man." the leader removed the helmet of the fallen soldier, revealing a woman. Eyes widened at the sight of the young woman. "I can't believe this!" whispered one of the men. "The princes consort?! but how?" the leader touched the womans neck with their two fingers, checking for a pulse. "She's alive!" he whispered. "Bring her to the chateau at once!" ordered the leader. One of the men mounted their horse along with the body of princess de Lioncourt. Riding as quickly as possible to the french castle. 

The soldier dismounted and carried the body inside, the guards stopped him before the entrance to the great hall. "the princess! We thought viktor had gone to battle." said one of the guards. "No time for that, inform his grace immediately while I bring the girl to Marius." without a word the guard left to find Lestat. He was in the middle of a conversation with Louis and Gabrielle. "Your grace! you must come at once!" the guard called out in alarm. "Where is my son?" asked Lestat. "I'm afraid we do not know your grace, we thought our men found him amongst the dead, but unfortunately we returned with someone else. this person fought, and it was not a man." the guard handed Lestat a royal ring. the princes eyes widened. Without a word he ran at preternatural speed towards the chambers in which Marius was healing the princess. 

Lestat's eyes set upon his princess who lay on the four poster bed, alive but greatly wounded. Marius was tending to her. "Y/N!" he knelt beside her, taking her hand in his. "Tell me she will live." Marius nodded. "She will my lord, Y/N is weak however she will live, I can heal her. Though I'm afraid she won't be awake for a few days. She needs time to rest." Lestat sighed with relief. "I demand to know what happened, and where my son is, he is still out there I can sense it. 

"Send word to our kind, all are to search for viktor, I want word back immediately should anyone find him do you understand?" he ordered. "yes my lord." the guard ran off. Marius came back with an elixir, he ordered Lestat to open her mouth. He did as Marius said while he poured some of it into her mouth, helping her swallow. A breath escaped from her, along with a slight moan. Which was a good sign. "She will be alright, I will return at dusk to give her more. for now let her rest Lestat." said Marius. "Thank you Marius." 

Marius bowed before taking his leave, only Lestat was in the room now, alone with Y/N. "Do wake up soon my love." he whispered. He bent to kiss her forehead, remaining at her side for a while until he was called into the great hall where he would find out the truth to his sons whereabouts.