First Dance

You were attending a ball at the Chateau de Lioncourt, there were hundreds of people in the ballroom. All of them were vampires and you were the only mortal present at the ball, which you didn't mind. You were outside on the balcony, dressed up in a dark blue ballgown. You stood there staring at the view of the village of Auvergne, France. 

"Y/N, what are you doing outside my love?" a voice said to you. You turned around to see Lestat, who looked very handsome that evening for the ball. "I was just enjoying the view that's all." you replied. Lestat nodded. Music began to play inside the ballroom. 

"May I have this dance?" he asked. Stretching out an arm for you to take. "I would love to Lestat but..I don't know how to dance." you said nervously. Lestat still had his arm outstretched, but this time with a wider grin he said. "Come, I can show you." he said. There was a sparkle in his dark brown eyes. You couldn't help but smile. "Alright." you said. You took his hand and he led you into the center of the ballroom. You looked around. "Lestat, everyone is watching." you said.  "Don't worry about them, just look at me." You did as he said. "Now, place your right hand in my left," he instructed, gently taking your hand. "Good. Now put your other hand on my shoulder," he said slowly. And you did so. "Good." he said. He then placed his right hand on your back. "Good." he said smiling. "Now just follow my lead Cherie." he said with his french accent. Making you blush. Lestat took it slow at first so you could get the hang of it. The next thing you knew, you two were waltzing around the ballroom. 

The music filled the room and the rest of the guests began to dance as well. You had your eyes on each other the whole time. smiling at each other as you both danced around the room. After the song ended, Lestat carefully dipped you and his lips met yours. You kissed him back. Giving each other a beautiful and passionate kiss. He pulled away and brought you back up. 

"That was fun." you admitted. Lestat laughed. Another song began to play. You looked at the musicians and then back at Lestat. 

"May I have this dance?" you asked. Lestat chuckled. "I thought you would never ask." said Lestat. 

And you both danced through the night.