53

At 6 we heard jingling in the door. I went to help her carry stuff in and she had arms of bags. 

"Back up I've been doing this a long time." She said and carried it all in one go to the kitchen. 

I followed her in the help unload. 

"How was work after I left?" I asked. "Oh the same...I got recognized though, the fan was super sweet." She laughed and handed me her phone. She showed me the picture. 

It was a girl about 16 she had a beanie on and dressed like a normal human. 

"She was a cancer survivor." Kat sighed. "She said that she vowed to herself to beat cancer to meet me." She said. I could hear tears in her voice. "Aww, that's so sweet." I said. "She had been through so many treatments and it was just a moving life story." She walked over to the pantry. 

A dm came in on twitter for her. "Hey you got a message." I said. "Will you check it for me?" She asked. 

She was asked by Austin to be on Love or Host. He knows she's in a relationship. 

"Austin wants you to be on Love or Host." I said slightly irked. "Who is it for?" She asked. "It's for.....Quackity." I said. "I'll go on but I'm picking host." She said. I replied for her. 

She got started cooking and Maria called me into the other room. 

"What's up?" I asked. "Ok, so my sister's anniversary of her first YouTube video is coming up and she won't celebrate about it." She said. "What did you have planned?" I asked. "Well it'll have been 5 years next Tuesday, I think we should make her stream while we set up a small party of just us here." She said. "I think that's an awesome idea." I said. "Ok, I'll go start designing a cake." She ran back to her room. 

Come to think of it Kat has been working on her 5 year anniversary merch. 

I go back to the kitchen and Kat is climbing on the counter for something. 

Her foot slipped and she started to fall. In a sense of 'Protect her at all costs' moment I rush in and caught her. She fell back into my arms. 

A slight squeak came from her and she looked up. 

"Guess I should've asked for help instead." She laughed. "Yes, but any chance I get to hold you I'll take it." I said. She flushed red and put the bowl she had on the counter. 

She leaned backwards and slipped down catching herself on her hands and kicked over out of my hold. "I need to get the filling made. She said and washed her hands.

"How...how did you do that?" I awed. "It's called...flexibility." She said and leaned back folding her back in half. "I think I broke my back just watching you do that." I said as she stood back up. "Aw, I'm sorry." She said. 

She pulled me over to her and put my arms around her from behind. 

"I haven't had enough hugs from you recently." She huffed. I stepped away and washed my hands. I took off my jacket and went back put my hands on hers. The secret to her filling is she mixes it together by hand. 

"Just helping out." I said helping her mix it. She smiled and continued. "You too are so weird." I heard. She looked up and I did too. Kaleb was standing there. 

She ducked under my arm and grabbed a paper towel. I got one too. 

Katherine's P.O.V

I ran and hugged my tall younger brother. 

"How's my not so little little man?" She asked. "Good, good, I brought Damon." He held up their hands intertwined. "Ah, so your my future brother-in-law." I smiled. I felt Clay behind me. "Welcome back kid." He said. If anything after I met Clay, he and Kaleb got along the most like best friends. 

"Are you two joining us for dinner?" I asked. "It's home made Pelmeni night." I said. "Yeah, we thought we would." Kaleb said. "Come on I'll show you my old room." He dragged his boyfriend up the stairs. "Ok, come on I'll get you started on making dessert." I said and started to the counter top. 

I called everyone down once dinner was ready.

Kaleb was sat across from Tommy with a solid glare and his hands folded at his mouth. Tommy looked petrified. 

"So...your intentions with my sister?" He asked. "Uh...to take care of her and make sure she always has someone to turn too and a shoulder to cry on." Tommy said with unease. "Hey leave the poor boy alone." I said and hit Kaleb upside the head. "One more question." Kaleb said. "Give me one good reason why you want to date my sister." He said. 

Tommy looked at Maria and she nodded and him. 

"I want to be someone she can be proud of and someone she can trust, I want to date her because I care about her." He said sincerely. I felt liquid pride coming up. My family is growing up. 

After dinner we sat at the table playing Uno. Everyone was against each other. Me and Clay were both getting hostile towards each other. The little one like Jared, Callie and Miles had already go to bed seeing as it's 10 pm. 

"Suck it green boy." I laughed and put another draw 4 down. "Haha, reverse motherfucker." He said. I reversed it back. "Try me." I spat. "Ok, ok...no need to get so hostile you two." Kaleb tried to calm everyone down. "She blew up the entire server." Clay said. "Out of love sweetheart." I smirked. "Nothing is ever loving about blowing things up." He said. 

I rolled my eyes and we continued. 

It got late and Kaleb and Damon left. Tommy and Maria had already gone to bed and I was in the bathroom running water into the tub. 

"Hecc." I said when I put antibiotic ointment on my scratch. "Let me do it." Clay said taking the bandages. 

I sat on the counter as he wrapped my arm and  then wrapped it in plastic wrap. 

"Thanks." I mumble.