21

It was about 11:30 and Kar still hadn't come back.

I was nervous pacing and trying to maintain my composure.

"Kid, sit down." My father said.

I heard the door handle turn and stopped.

In walked Kat.

She had blood on her face. Her nose was bloodied. Busted lip. Another black eye. Messy hair.

And from the looks of it...she took hits to her body.

"Maria is fine." She said walking up to me.

"But you arent, I mean you went out and took hit from the guy who hurt your sister then proceeded to hurt him back." I said. "Clay...I said I'm fine...I just need a wash up." She smiled almost in pain.

It broke me to see that broken smile.

"Mom...I think we're both gonna turn in for the night." I said. "Ok, sleep well kids." She said and I walked her to my room.

She got her change of clothes and I followed her to the bathroom to clean her up.

"How bad is your body?" I ask closing the door.

She took off the hoodie that was over her tank top and revealed bruises and some welts on her back.

"Kat..." I gasped.

She smiled softly. "I'm fine...Clay." She said and then splashed off her face.

I wasnt having it.

"Hold on." I said.

I ran a epsom salt bath and made her get in the water. Which had some soap to cover the surface.

I put shorts on and sat on the edge behind her with my legs in the wate.r

"You have a knot right here." I said feeling her shoulders. She didnt say anything.

I began to rub the knots out of her shoulder and upper back.

I left so she could change and went back to my room.

She came in and sat by me on my bed.

"How bad was it?" I ask. "Shes not pregnant, he left a hand print on her face." She said simply.

I could tell something was wrong.

"Emerald talk to me." I rode over to face her. She looke down at my face.

"One day...I couldnt go one day." She ssid starting to tear up. "Without them." She let one tear out. "And I probably just embarrassed myself infront of your family." She leaned her head on my shoulder.

I sat us both up and looke dher in the eye.

"Emerald, you treat those kids as if they were your own, you give them the best life possible, you even to some extent give me the best life possible, dont ever bring yourself down for that." I held her face in my hands. Tears streamed down her face.

I pulled her to me and hugged her to my chest.

"Clay...I'm not worth anything." I heard her sob. "Baby...your worth more than diamonds in my eyes, your worth more than the disks Tommy wanted, your worth more than life to me." I petted her hair. "I cant do it Clay...keeping up with family...I cant do it." She said. "Emerald...you listen to me, you give those kid the best life ever and you work so hard for them and yourself, you deserve every good thing that happens to you." I said.

Drista's P.O.V

I listened through my brothers door.

"...you deserve every good thing that happens to you." I heard from him.

Hes...soft for her. Like really soft.

"Mom, what do you think of Katherine?" I asked leaning on my parents bedroom door. "I think we should respect Clay's wishes in who he wants in his life, Katherine is a lovely girl and I believe she is good for Clay." She said. "Ok, I was just asking." I said and smiled.

Katherine's P.O.V

I woke up the next morning ontop of Clay who had a firm hold on me.

"Clay." I whispered and poked his face.

Nothing.

"Teddy Bear." I whispered again.

Nothing.

I decided to get back at him for tickling me awake.

I did the same back.

Woke him up with flutter kisses.

"S-stop...Kat...!" He laughed. "Not till you I let me go." I said and left my kisses. He just held on tighter.

I gave up and put my arms around him.

"Wanna stream later?" He asks. I look over to his recording stuff and monitors. "Sure." I said.

He let me up and we got changed.

I put on ripped skinny jeans the have flannel patches over the holes and then I put on an Arctic Monkeys t shirt that I got. I pulled my hair into a ponytail and grabbed my phone.

I followed Clay to the kitchen where both his parents were cooking and drinking coffee.

"Coffee, juice anything?" Clay asks opening the fridge. "What do you think my answer is?" I asked. "Right...you fought someone for it and almost got taken in by target security." He said pouring a cup of coffee for me.

He handed it to me. "Thank you." I reply. "Wow...Clay dating a coffee drinker?" His mother wowed. "Well having to raise 5 kids and make money to pay bills I work a lot of late shifts...and it's kind of the only reason people in Florida dont turn up dead." I said adding a laugh to the end.

It was a pleasant morning oddly enough.

Right we're all sitting in the living room watching the saturday morning news.

"You two have anything planned?" His mom asked us. "Well 'Echo' and I were planning on streaming today." Clay put an arm around me. "Yes 'Dream' was supposed to invite me to the smp server." I side eye him. "Is he scared of you?" His sister asked. "The only person I'm more scared of than my mom is Kat." Clay said from next to me.

I smiled slightly.

"Aww...dont be scared of me, the only person who need to to be scared of me it Tommy." I ruffle his hair. "I did not approve of that." He said fixing his hair.

I smirked.

"But I did." I ruffled it again. "Will you cut that out?" He asked. "Its fun so no." I said sarcastically.