28

It was the day I get to start at my new job. 

"You're sure you'll be ok?" Clay asked concerned. "Yes, I love animals and big cats." I said buttoning my tan colored polo. It was a tan polo with brown fitted jeans and hiking boots. I taught Clay how to braid hair and so he did my hair for me. Very well actually. Double dutch braids. 

"Ok, I'm off guys." I said waving. 

When I got there I met with my boss and we talked about my job. 

"So, your job will also include feeding do you think you can do that?" She asked. "Yes ma'am." I nodded. 

I got to the cat section and looked around. 

"Aw cheetah cubs!" I gushed. "Yep mama Cheetah just had her little cheetos." One of my co-workers said. "Come on I'll let you feed Alexa, if you can shes kinda aggressive." He adds. "I have a way  with cats, I think I'll be ok." I said smiling politely. His name is Carson by the way.

He handed me the raw meat and let me in. 

Carson's P.O.V

"You're so mean, especially to the new girl." One of our co-workers said while I watched. 

More of us gathered around and saw her walk to the female tiger. 

Katherine's P.O.V

I crept to the big cat with a plastic tub in hand. I need gain her trust first. 

I set the tub down on a rock next to me. 

She noticed and got up ready to pounce. 

"Hey little girl...I'm new...my name is Katherine, nice to meet you." I said softly. She let out a growl. 

I bent my knees down a little and stepped towards her holding my hand out. 

"It's ok mama kitty, I don't wanna hurt you." I said meeting her eyes. 

I stepped forward again. She hissed. 

"Little bitty kitty, I wann be your friend." I said and took a slow step forward. I saw my co-workers had gathered around to watch and Carson gave me a discouraging look. 

I looked back to the cat and she had stepped forward. 

I noticed a lot of scars all over her body and some were burns. She was abused. 

"Look, I look like you." I moved my bangs out of my face and smiled. 

I was close enough to touch her by now. 

I stopped and let her sniff and circle me. 

She stalked around to my hand and rubbed her face on it giving my permission to get closer. 

I knelt down to her and she lifted both front paws on my shoulders and licked my face. 

"Aw who's a good girl?" I scratched her head. 

I stood up and she did that meow thing at me. 

"You wanna play before you eat?" I ask. Almost as if she knew what I was saying she rubbed on my leg.  

I walk over to the tree in her habitat and she follows. 

I jump up onto a branch and swing myself up. 

She jumped up and joined me. 

She chased me around the habitat and it was fun. 

I opened the tub and gave her the meat and a rub on the head. 

I exited and went to Carson. 

"See I have a way with cats, which one is next." I asked.

Towards closing time I got asked if i wanted to go out with my co-workers. 

I politely declined cause I have to start packing for my trip. 

I got in the car and called Clay. 

"Hey I'm almost home, how'd it go?" I asked. "Great actually currently everyone is sitting quietly doing their own thing, Kaleb is up playing COD in his room, Maria is talking to Tommy I think, and the others are playing a board game." He said. "And you are?" I asked. "What would you like me to say?" He asked. "I want you to tell me the truth." I said making a left hand turn. "Well I wont say I'm being productive cause...I am definitely not that." He laughed. "Boy...I swear one of these days." I laughed back. "Will you just tell me?" I ask. "Now now Emerald, it's a surprise for you." He said and I heard a door shut. "I gotta go, traffic." I said. "Ok...bye." He said playfully. 

I got home and everyone under 15 was playing a game in the living room. 

I went to the kitchen and there was a note on the counter. 

"Hey Emerald, I know you probably had a long day at work so I did something special for you, no special day or holiday just me being nice, see you soon. ~ Clay" 

I smiled softly. 

I walked up the stairs and peaked in Mari's room. 

She was playing Minecraft with Tommy. She had her headset on and was laughing at something he said. She was happy. And it made me happy. I leaned across the hall intp Kaleb's room. He was on call with some new friends playing COD. 

I made it to my room and saw another note on the door. 

"Your getting closer to your surprise, I hope you like it. ~Clay"

I laughed to myself. "This dork." I smile and open the door. 

I look around and there's a another note on the bed. 

"Congratulations, you've made it, I made sure this was a relaxing night or both of us, this will be a bit weird at first but I promise when we get passed the weird part it'll be fun. ~Clay"

I only smiled and could smell my lavender and sage candle from the bathroom. 

"He did not." I said quietly.

I put my stuff away and took my hair out the tied it up. 

I opened the bathroom door and it had dim lights candles set up everywhere and Clay was sitting on the side of the bathtub. 

"Surprise." He shrugged. "You're such a romantic." I smiled and looked around. "Woul be so kind as to enjoy a relaxing warm bubble bath with me my dear princess?" He asked formally. "Of course...but is this what you meant by the weird part?" I ask. "Maybe." He said his face flushing a little bit.